Black Water

Captthud

I realize this has been posted before as I have seen the posts, but I shut of frozen water and I still have black water

I've tried just about every graphics setting you can think of from all the way on to the all the way off

I even tried a different graphics card

As you zoom in you see that the textures get a lot more normal, but from about 7000 on up you can see the line in the distance, and the inland water is black at all times

2017-7-31_13-43-15-276_zps6rajoohs.jpg

2017-7-31_12-34-20-200_zpsojtfgtrd.jpg

2017-7-31_13-43-35-524_zpscuvvibqt.jpg

These shots were taken at Bowerman

P3D v4

I7 3770

8 gig ram

GTX 970

Thank You

Rick

Sorry to jump in, Nick ... but "black water" caught my attention, as it's one of my favourite P3D pet peeves ("oily black water")!

Rick - this really is a P3D problem - and not an ORBX (scenery related) issue, IMHO. In fact - Bowerman is way better in that respect than many other areas in the P3D (or the ORBX) world.

I have to leap to Tim Harris's defence here, as I think he's the water *master*. His coastal waters around NZ are some of the best I've seen in any sim!

So ... starting quite "flat", you'll see the problem gets gradually worse with altitude/angle of view - moving the aircraft vertically up only:

bowerman_water_01_1350.jpg

bowerman_water_02_1350.jpg

bowerman_water_03_1350.jpg

I find sky colour and time of day can also have a huge effect. I use PTA, which has a setting that reduces the effect slightly (but can't really cure it 100%).

Unless we can persuade LM to change their lighting code, then we're stuck with it. I wish they'd change their "blobby clouds" as well, while they're at it LOL.

Adam.

The only real problem is, when you go above say around 10000 that line becomes quite visible from the cockpit and sometimes the clouds will follow the line around the aircraft

The PTA helps  lot but as stated it's not a 100% cure

I don't fly much above 10000 any more since I've discovered ORBX, A2A, and a few others; however I do fly my Q400 at altitudes above that and I am more wondering if there's a reason for it, if it's something I'm not setting up right on my computer, and if there's something I can do to make it go away

Thanks

Rick

Archived