ORBX YPJT Jandakot - FPS drop

frown888

I have quite a few ORBX airports installed for my P3D v3 installation. They all run smooth, except I've noticed that with YPJT Jandakot, frames drop from a smooth 30-40 to around 12-15 when flying at, or viewing the airport. If I pan the spot camera or VC camera away from the airport, frames are smooth and nice, however when I'm taxing or have the airport in the camera view, fps drop quite a bit. This isn't the case for other ORBX airports. Anyone know what could be causing this fps drop with Jandakot? Everything else runs smooth and I have no issues - average around 35 fps. I have changed the configuration within FTX Central for Jandakot, however there was no difference. 

That's unusual; it never drops for me..I have all config enabled and I don't have an outstanding machine, but I always get 30-40 on a triple monitor set up..... what spec is your machine?

i5 4690k 3.5GHz

8gb RAM

GTX 970 4gb GPU - running triple monitor setup

256gb SSD to run P3D from

It's weird it's only Jandakot that I have this issue with - Want to try and get it sorted as it's my favourite (and local) airport.

My local too.... i run same processor, although overclocked to 4.2 (water cooled), 32Gb ram and an overclocked AMD card...... have you checked your CPU, GPU and memory for loading? 

The processor should be fine as long as settings not too high (although I lose about 10 fps if I run stock), you're a little low on system RAM, 16GB would be minimum really, and with a triple monitor setup (which is probably running at 6048 x 1080), your GTX970 is just gonna struggle with anything above medium settings.... it's even worse with v4 which offloads a lot of the work to the GPU.

I run P3D with Active Sky and Cloud Art too, and around Jandakot, I can get between 45-55 fps depending on the weather

Who do you fly with down there?

2 hours ago, frown888 said:

I have quite a few ORBX airports installed for my P3D v3 installation. They all run smooth, except I've noticed that with YPJT Jandakot, frames drop from a smooth 30-40 to around 12-15 when flying at, or viewing the airport. If I pan the spot camera or VC camera away from the airport, frames are smooth and nice, however when I'm taxing or have the airport in the camera view, fps drop quite a bit. This isn't the case for other ORBX airports. Anyone know what could be causing this fps drop with Jandakot? Everything else runs smooth and I have no issues - average around 35 fps. I have changed the configuration within FTX Central for Jandakot, however there was no difference. 

G'day, welcome to the forums :)

In order to receive support, could you please add your ORBXdirect transaction ID (order number) to your signature? If you're not sure how to do that, info can be found here. 

Thanks very much,

Jarrad

Thanks very much :) In answer to your original question, yes you are correct that performance isn't as great at YPJT compared to some other airports you may have. There are two main reasons for this: 

1. YPJT is located within an enormous metro area (Perth), which means that you basically have extremely dense housing/building autogen taking a hit on your system. 

2. YPJT and FTX_AU (the region product that sits underneath YPJT) are both old products - YPJT was the third airport we ever released, and AU_Blue was in fact our very first product. Whilst both have been greatly improved with service packs over the years, they are inherently less efficient in their design techniques compared newer products, as they represent the development knowledge base of 2007/2008 scenery design, back when FSX was in it's infancy. 

If you are looking at ways to improve performance, I would recommend focusing on these sliders for best bang-for-buck:

1. Autogen slider - on middle-range systems, I always find this has a strong effect. 

2. Road traffic - disable it entirely, or lower it to <5%

3. AI Traffic - particularly if you have an addon AI pack like our freeware AU AI download. YPJT + YPPH + YPEA equates to a huge amount of traffic loaded. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hello Jarrad,

I know this is a thread about Jandakot but I just wanted to observe, you did mention that YPJT was an old product. I find it strange that Orbx is still selling it at the same price as say, the complex Brisbane airport or at close to the very modern Bilboa product that was released last month. I thought it would have depreciated by now.

I am a recent convert to P3D V4, on a new computer, and have been purchasing various FTX products and waiting for V4 versions of the ORBX airports.

I have my 737 Simulator down the shed, (here in Canberra), running on FS2004 computers. It has the wonderful VOZ scenery and freeware Canberra photoreal. The Canberra airport scenery was updated three times in Freeware, first ,many years ago from the old Terminal to one in OZx scenery, with half of the old CBR Terminal and half of the new Terminal under construction eg.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1639-canberra-airport-v2/

and then about four years ago, to the new Terminal with the current AFCAD and parking. Many years for flying with that scenery.

Imagine my surprise/shock when I saw that Orbx had the Canberra international airport product still being sold, at full price, completely without the current Terminal and only a terminal that was pulled down and disposed of in 2010?

A question: Is the CBR product going to be redeveloped? or has a service pack been deployed that is not mentioned on the page? (or should it just be relabelled as, a full price, historic or part of an ORBX vintage range?) The scenery does look nice but it is ancient.

Regards,

Aussie

Half old half new Terminal.jpg

Half of the Current Terminal with old Terminal in the background

New_terminal_2016_cropped.jpg

Completed CBR Terminal in 2016

Archived