Buildings in the Sky

Because

28 minutes ago, TwoWings said:

Not sure why the link was removed.

View your own link and you will see that it leads to all kinds of inappropriate images.

In future, please link to a single image and not an entire collection.

I have no idea whose images I was seeing and had no intention of mentioning this, you did ask. 

31 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Because

View your own link and you will see that it leads to all kinds of inappropriate images.

In future, please link to a single image and not an entire collection.

I have no idea whose images I was seeing and had no intention of mentioning this, you did ask. 

I just followed the directions posted in this thread as to how to post pictures: 

The page I linked only had one image. Imgur by default, will post images related to other images you have been recently looking at, in the sidebar on the right hand side.

I did not post a link to a collection...

15 minutes ago, TwoWings said:

I just followed the directions posted in this thread as to how to post pictures: 

The page I linked only had one image. Imgur by default, will post images related to other images you have been recently looking at, in the sidebar on the right hand side.

I did not post a link to a collection...

Here is an image uploaded to Imgur.

qaphh7j.jpg

as you can see, no link to Imgur and no means to access other images there.

This is the image address http://i.imgur.com/qaphh7j.jpg and you can also see the image by clicking on it,

however it also does not give access the other images.

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Here is an image uploaded to Imgur.

qaphh7j.jpg

as you can see, no link to Imgur and no means to access other images there.

This is the image address http://i.imgur.com/qaphh7j.jpg and you can also see the image by clicking on it,

however it also does not give access the other images.

If you go to imgur.com, and click on any link, you will see what I am talking about. What appears on the right hand side of their website is not a collection, but rather, links that imgur suggests to you. They do this, so you keep clicking on links on their website.

I now understand that you want me to post a different type of link from imgur, and I will be happy to do that. But I certainly did not post any links to inappropriate pictures or collections. Please familiarize yourself with imgur before accusing users.

I realise that you did not do this deliberately but the link you posted took me to your image

on Imgur with the means to select the images both before and after yours.

Some of those were highly inappropriate.

If you post an image there and then use the image's own address, then anyone viewing your image,

as above, can only see the image you intended them to.

I am well aware of how Imgur works and am simply pointing out one of its pitfalls and the way to avoid it.

Your last image link is perfect and I am sure that is what you intended to do, but did not.

Even better:

If you simply paste the image address into the post, the forum will automatically embed it and it will be visible

to all without the need to click on any link.

Like this:

Lf0d1Hm.jpg

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I realise that you did not do this deliberately but the link you posted took me to your image

on Imgur with the means to select the images both before and after yours.

Right, I just didn't realize you wanted a different type of link from the same website. Was definitely not on purpose :(

3 hours ago, TwoWings said:

Is this because it's my first time in that area? Or will this happen every time?

So I take it the buildings were normal after re-starting? It is not an Orbx problem but one which is in-built to FSX and does occur on occasion.

9 hours ago, uncle_adolph said:

So I take it the buildings were normal after re-starting? It is not an Orbx problem but one which is in-built to FSX and does occur on occasion.

I have not been through the same area again, actually. Will let you know the next time I run through an area I have witnessed this before in.

Did not see this happening ever before, until installing Orbx. Certainly possible that it's not related. I had some "toposim" addons for FSX bought through Steam, that I made sure to uninstall before installing the Orbx products. I did this in the hopes that it would not interfere, but it may have left some residue wrong elevation that may be causing this?

Archived