KEGE Loading default textures on top

nitsaw

Hello,

I just purchased KEGE and am having issues with the textures as shown in the image. It appears the default scenery is on top of the Orbx scenery and also taxiway markings are missing. I have FTX Global and KTEX and have no issues with KTEX. I have the scenery above any deafault scenery in the scenery libraries. My FTX libraries are up to date. Any one have any idea how to fix this? I'm running P3d V3.4.

Thanks

Untitled.png

Hi there, 

It looks like your ground poly is not displaying correctly. It is possible that your control panel options have been broken, could you please try opening your KEGE control panel, and see if you can swap between the two "AI Parking Options" without any trouble?

If this is fine (ie the control panel isn't broken), could you please reset the AI Parking Option to "Regular AI Airliner Parking Layout", then go to your ORBX/FTA_NA/FTX_AA_KTEX/scenery folder, and check that you have the two files present: 

Westsim_Eagle_GP_P3D.bgl

Westsim_Eagle_GP_P3D_XP.bgl.OFF

If they aren't there, or if either file has a different extension to the exact ones above, could you please let us know what they are. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad,

Not sure but the control appears to be working. Although I can make a selection on the AI parking options after selecting one and I close FTX Central and after loading P3D then I return to FTX Central after closing P3D and the selection I made for AI parking option is deselected when I come back. In my scenery folder I appear to be missing  Westsim_Eagle_GP_P3D.bgl but  Westsim_Eagle_GP_P3D_XP.bgl.OFF is there. 

Thanks

G'day again,

So as I suspected, your ground poly is missing for some reason. If you can handle a re-download, the easiest fix is to just re-download KEGE. Run the following steps:

1. Uninstall KEGE via FTX-Central

2. Go to your ORBX/FTX_AA folder and delete your FTX_AA_KEGE folder and all it's contents (if they haven't been 100% removed already)

3. Download a new installation of KEGE via FTX-Central 

4. Check that the file  Westsim_Eagle_GP_P3D.bgl is present in your FTX_AA_KEGE/scenery folder

Let me know how you go with this, 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived