ORBX SOCAL

OscarGrant

Why is socal so bad on fps specifically LA area. obviously i know its because of all the density but dam when i look around i drop to 15 fps, making it unplayable. road traffic is a killer on here, and at this point i found the only way to make this area flyable is by disabling the orbx libraries which brings my fps to around 25and disabling all road traffic will bring it up to 30 fps. 

i have 4790k at 4ghz and 1600mhz ram gtx 970

3 hours ago, OscarGrant said:

Why is socal so bad on fps specifically LA area. obviously i know its because of all the density but dam when i look around i drop to 15 fps, making it unplayable. road traffic is a killer on here, and at this point i found the only way to make this area flyable is by disabling the orbx libraries which brings my fps to around 25and disabling all road traffic will bring it up to 30 fps. 

i have 4790k at 4ghz and 1600mhz ram gtx 970

It is a tough area, but I run at 4.0Ghz and see 25-30ish since switching to P3Dv4, v3 was more like 15-19FPS...noticeably smoother too.

Steve

2 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

I have the same specs as you but get better frames.  I think it's because I turn down autogen buildings to Dense and road traffic to 5% (still want to see a few cars moving about).  Also keeping AI traffic density a bit lower helps too.

by better frames what are we talking about? I'm assuming around 18+? cuz autogen doesn't really make a difference in 2017, maybe in smoothness yeah

52 minutes ago, Republic DC-9 said:

It is a tough area, but I run at 4.0Ghz and see 25-30ish since switching to P3Dv4, v3 was more like 15-19FPS...noticeably smoother too.

Steve

oh what???!  yeah that's a big jump I might have to cop v4 thanks but even still I don't know why orbx recommends traffic at 15 in this area

5 hours ago, OscarGrant said:

oh what???!  yeah that's a big jump I might have to cop v4 thanks but even still I don't know why orbx recommends traffic at 15 in this area

I don't have my PC on to check settings, but check out my post on the topic I pasted below - I was once like you :) .

P3Dv4 runs MUCH faster/smoother on my rig - NO "tweaks" to the .cfg, and I do have a lot of road traffic AND AI airliners AND payware LAX and KSNA and AI ships.  Not sure what the difference is exactly or why it is so much better - but it is, and $ well spent, for sure.

Steve

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:01 AM, Republic DC-9 said:

I don't have my PC on to check settings, but check out my post on the topic I pasted below - I was once like you :) .

P3Dv4 runs MUCH faster/smoother on my rig - NO "tweaks" to the .cfg, and I do have a lot of road traffic AND AI airliners AND payware LAX and KSNA and AI ships.  Not sure what the difference is exactly or why it is so much better - but it is, and $ well spent, for sure.

Steve

Hey I got p3d v4 and yes it is a litte smoother and a couple fps more like 3 or 4 honestly and I like the new features which is also why I  got it but honestly this area is still horrible, the fps fluctuate so badly when I pan its just not enjoyable and this is with the carenado bonaza that comes with it. what are your settings? I'm honestly just thinking about turning off the libraries

Archived