please help me I am crying out for help

Just reformatted my pc, installed prepar3d v4 " just bought it yesterday " my question to you all is I have

Orbx - FTX: Global BASE

Order Date: 2016-04-07

Orbx - FTX: Global openLC Europe

Orbx - FTX: Global VECTOR

so these where bought last year but I cant find the updates for version 4 for Prepar3D v4, someone says i need to install "ftxcentral3_installer" at what point do I install it ? the installer is only just over 1 meg??? please help i AM totally new to this and I need it broken down to a child's level as I cant comprehend all this tech stuff.

Now after I installed ORBX BASE this has just popped up? please help I have no idea as to what to do...

Thank you

orbx.JPG

sorry i have wasted your time but orbx gives me """ftxcentral3_installer"""" now your telling me dont in stall it yet on the link you gave me it tells me to down load it, i reall cant be asked  anymore , ill get my money back  and to hell with it and just fly stock as this is a pain in the arseee and i am sorry i really dont understand and havnt a clue.

You screen shot is of an attempt to install FTX Global Base using

the installer that you bought from the Flight Sim Store.

As P3D v4 did not exist when that installer was written, you cannot

use it to install FTX global Base to P3D v4.

You can transfer your product licences to the Orbx Direct store, at no cost to yourself

and then FTX Central will install the products into P3Dv4 for you.

How to go about transferring your licences and how to usre FTX Central is detailed in the topic.

13 minutes ago, F1UK said:

sorry i have wasted your time but orbx gives me """ftxcentral3_installer"""" now your telling me dont in stall it yet on the link you gave me it tells me to down load it, i reall cant be asked  anymore , ill get my money back  and to hell with it and just fly stock as this is a pain in the arseee and i am sorry i really dont understand and havnt a clue.

Please don't give up yet. I know you're frustrated but, really, the process isn't that complicated. If you follow the instruction that Nick has provided I think you can get through it just fine. You can always come back here and ask questions......Doug

P.S.  Will Lewis do it again this year?..........

@Nick Cooper @Triplane Sorry guys but having dyslexia in reading I find it easier in visual stimulation IE GOOGLE VIDEOS  i can understand  by watching them, didnt really want to pit me personael life on the forum, but i think i have done it now sctrrenshot here.. thanks guys.

ONLT tyhing is  i will have to reinstall r Prepar3D_v4_Academic_4.0.23.21468   and will I have the same problems or will it link it to the orbx site automatickally?/

thanks for your help please i need an answer for this this above about prepar before i ask for m,y money back... thanks

ftx global.JPG

Hello,

No, once you have installed P3Dv4, FTX Central will detect it and when you start it,

you will see a menu, like this for example

n800.jpg

Your choice will be FSX and P3Dv4, select which one you want FTX Central to work with

and you can just install the products to it.

There is nothing to pay

Be aware that you will not yet see all the products, only those that are P3Dv4 ready.

Archived