elevation issues with p3 v4 and orbx

Rodneyprice

I know its only early days as yet with development of orbx for prepare 3d v4 but I have downloaded and installed some of what orbx has updated for p3v4 , being global base, AU region and holgermesh and orbx libs and noticed that at airports ( not sure if its all as impossible to test every airport ) I have some elevation problems , have noticed that the aircraft  when selecting external views and on runway the wheels and sometimes and or  half the aircraft are sunk into the ground. or the runway is elevated above the ground  not sure what is going on.

none of the following are orbx airports as I am waiting for them to be released. they are just the stock p3 airports 

The following for example is  ymml  ,  twenty nine palms , it seems to be with every airport I am noticing , with my setup that is

its either the aircraft is sunk into the runway or the runway is elevated off the ground

Hi, sorry to be an intruder; I understand from a former post that FTX Vector is a 3rd party developed product. I think most of our elevation troubles will go to an end as soon as we'll get this last - but not least - important tool. Hope to find ASAP Vector in FTX Central and install it.

Fulvio

I have gone into the scenery lib of p3 and unticked each one by one and tested after unticking each one and the problem is still there

One thing I did do is I installed p3 to program files and ticked the boxes in the p3 exe to allow full control

I may have to uninstall start from scratch and test with each orbx I install.

ah one thing I have just noticed is after downloading orbx global base pack and then it was installed  ( not manually installed but by the self extraction ) I just checked the orbx folder in p3 and I don't think its there, is that where it sits?

Yes, it should be inside the P3D v4 root folder.

Perhaps there might be a clue if you search for it and see where it is?

If you haven't installed too much, it might be better to uninstall P3D v4,

using its Control panel uninstaller and then delete the folder that it created.

Then re-install P3D v4 into a folder that you create, that is neither in the program files

or program files (x86) folder.

yeah it seems it  may be the way , Lockheed martin website recommend installing it to program files I think I read , but I know that was an issue back in the FSX days and don't know why I decided to install the way I did.    anyway will go on the search for global base and if for some reason it don't show up I shall start all over again , fun

My advice to anyone who is thinking of installing p3 to program files , best not  , as from my memory with FSX  now that I think about it caused me all soughts of issues as program files folder doesn't allow full control , p3 on its own might work ok in program files as suggested by the company with whom makes it  but once you start adding other software as we all like to then that's when it all may not go quite right...... well that's my take on it.......

Well late night but fixed , don't know how or why but anyway I deleted any trace of P3 v4 that was to found including all hidden files and reg files , something somewhere within the last installation just didn't go right , as I mentioned in the above post I suspect it may have something to with where I installed , hey please correct me if I am wrong , only way I am going to learn.

Reinstalled and so far all looking good , 

If it wasn't for Orbx and all their wonderful addons I wouldn't have stuck with FSX and now P3 , would just except the use of Xplane.......

Archived