Installer not seeing P3DV4

Hi there,

I have just reformatted my computer and installed latest FTX Central V3.2.1.1 now from website. Downloaded the installed files again from flightsimstore for FTX GLOBAL and FTX GLOBAL VECTOR. Trying to install these two but when it says select version the dropdown shows nothing. Seems like not detecting P3DV4.

Please help. 

Thanks

Swadeep

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

FTX Central searches the windows registry for

"RegistryKey": "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\SOFTWARE\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4",
    "RegistryValue": "AppPath",.

If that registry entry is missing, if it points to the wrong place or Prepar3D.exe is not at

the location, it will not be detected. 

If you are able, please check the registry entry and correct it as necessary.

Otherwise you will need to go to the P3D forums and ask them why it has not worked for you.

Thanks for your reply. I'll check but if changes are necessary what do I do exactly? 

PMDG Installers don't seem to have problem locating the P3Dv4 so I don't think it could be the P3D problem....

but ill check as you as you suggested first. Thanks. 

Swadeep

Thanks for your reply. As mentioned above I am already running the latest version if FTX Central which is 3.2.1.1 and please see screenshot attached. I think it's pointing to the right path? I have installed P3DV4 in drive E. Please advise.

Thanks

Swadeep

Orbx.JPG

46 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Sorry, out of ideas.

Did you create the entry or the installer?

I have no SetupPath entry.

Do you mean for P3DV4? When installing P3D4 i just changed the drive to E. In the regedit I did not create anything. The image shows what's there automatically. 

What should i do next?

Thanks

Swadeep

Hello  Swadeep

Can you navigate to the below location in your registry editor and confirm if you have a SetupPath here, Along with Content and Scenery all with the correct Prepar3D v4 Install location 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v4 -  SetupPath - Content - Scenery

5 hours ago, Holy Cheese said:

Just a note to try to halve your frustration - FTX Global Vector has not yet been released for P3Dv4, so you will not be bale to install that product yet.

Jack

Haha yes I realized that after i posted but just concentrating on global for now.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Please make sure that the FTX Central.exe file that your shortcut points to is

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\v3.2.1.1\FTXCentral.exe and no other.

Apparently it was pointed to C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe so i changed it to match yours after double checking the folders also. Now it's C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\v3.2.1.1\FTXCentral.exe but UNFORTUNATELY I launched the recently download FTXGlobal V140 installation files and it's still not showing the version when i try to install it. :(

1 hour ago, Elaine Dixon said:

Hello  Swadeep

Can you navigate to the below location in your registry editor and confirm if you have a SetupPath here, Along with Content and Scenery all with the correct Prepar3D v4 Install location 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v4 -  SetupPath - Content - Scenery

I navigated to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Lockheed Martin \ and i see three folders Prepar3D V4, Prepar3d v4 Content and Prepar3d v4 Scenery. In all these three folders there are SetupPath inside and the data column show that it points to E:\Prepar3D v4\ which is where i installed P3D.

*In the three folders there is also a file called (Default) and under data it says value not set, if that is any help...?

Will wait to hear from you guys.

Thanks

Swadeep

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

OK.

You can't use Flight Sim Store installers for P3Dv4.

You will need to add your products to Orbx Direct and then use FTX Central.

Here is how to do this.

Thank You. I will try this and report back.

Cheers

Swadeep

11 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

OK.

You can't use Flight Sim Store installers for P3Dv4.

You will need to add your products to Orbx Direct and then use FTX Central.

Here is how to do this.

Hi,

I have trasnferred the license now and manage to install the product already. It says it's intsalled in FTX Central but the "configure" button is greyed out. Is this normal? Are there any settings that i should make changes. I couldn't remember if FTX Global was just a "install-and-go" product. I only remembered for vector where we can make chnages.

Thanks

Swadeep

Archived