Suggestion: Any chance of a P3D/AFS2 bundle option?

DennyA

I saw that there's a discount for purchasers of AFS2 LOWI and Meigs for people who already own the FSX/P3D versions. That's awesome!

However, I have a bunch of FTX sceneries and airports, but not those two.

Have you considered offering a discounted bundle for people who fly multiple sims and want to buy an airport/area fresh for both simulations? I mean, I assume I could just buy the P3D version, and then by the AFS2 version, but it would be cool if there was a way to just get them together at one price. As you introduce more AFS2 versions of airports, I could see people being interested in both,

Just a suggestion. :)

Is the inconvenience to endure 2 consecutive checkouts really justifying the necessary work for implementing a bundle feature into the shop?

You already get a 40% discount for the AF2 version if you have the P3D version, so a bundle price is enabled.

@Rongor, it's always in a business's best interest to make things as easy and clear as possible to customers in a store. i thought about just buying the FSX/P3D version and then buying the AFS2 version afterwards, but I wasn't sure if the system would qualify me for the discount right away. (IE: Does it take a while to register the ownership in the system before the discount appears? Is the discount available to new purchasers of the FSX/P3D version? Etc.)

I know OrbX is a small company and they have to focus their resources where they will make the most impact, but as someone who works in online retailing in my day job, I also know that the easier you make a customer decision and checkout process, the better it is for actually getting your products into customer hands.

I'm not complaining about the current setup, just bringing it up as an idea that appeals to customers like me and @robwhitehead. :) Supporting multiple distinct simulations with separate products is a new thing for OrbX, so just providing some customer feedback.

It's hardly a major issue, I did manage to buy all of the AF2 (and a very large chunk of the p3d) stuff with the current system [emoji4]

BUT

plenty of other small companies - such as A2A - offer bundle deals, as do larger companies (such as Amazon). I think it appeals positively to human psychology, so if I was orbx I would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Archived