Holgermesh in the scenery heirachy

Hi a curiosity question.

I can see my oz holgermesh in both FSX & P3d v4 in the heirachy of the scenery cfg. It locates between my FSX/P3D airports and lights entries in the files.

That seems a bit weird to me I would have thought it should be nearer (above- below?) the land classes and certainly lower than the above ground/structures files?

Appreciate some advice/education on this as I have read the base class manual but there is no guide on Holgermesh in the heirachy.

Cheers

Hi, welcome to the forums,

Mine is located just above the FTXAU entries and just below the FTX_NZSI entries, FTX Central will automatically install it to the correct location depending on what other FTX scenery you have installed, as long as it resides in the FTX block all is good, also, the mesh products do not share any elements with landclass or Vector entries so there would be no conflict in regards to location either. 

Cheers

Doug

If I may be so bold as to add, Mesh products are the one product type that can be installed in any order. In fact you can have more than one mesh product for a given area and you will still not get any conflicts. It will always default to the more complex mesh (higher LOD..Level Of Display) no matter where it is ordered in the Scenery Library. May I also say that IMHO Holger's mesh for Australia and indeed PNG is as good as any payware mesh on the market. As Doug says, FTX Central will automatically install it to the correct location.. I just let the program do the installing because in reality there is no wrong location (just being pedantic).

Also as I have recently said, it then all depends on how you set your mesh settings but that is another issue altogether.

Thanks very much for your replies, I have been using a couple of ORBX products for a long time now and never really played with them much because I was so happy with what they did out of the box to FSX. Obviously I have jumped to P3D now and will be buying  quite a few more as ORBX announce v4 compatability.

After reading your replies I went back to FTX Central to look at the order of things so I can get my head around it and bugger me if AU Australia and Holgermesh haven't disappeared completely from the FTX insertion list!

I have checked the scenery config and they are in the cfg file. They were in FTX Central yesterday and FTX -C says they are both installed and up to date .

I reran the migration tool and they are still missing from the stack?

Any suggestions as to how I managed to muck that up?

Archived