KFCA Ramp areas underground

I have all the NA FTX regions and just got Northern Rockies. today I landed a copter in the ramp area of KFCA , and it sank under the ground. I could only see the top of the rotor. I tried launching it at Helipad 1 , and same thing happened. Any fix for that? I don't have any special mesh or other software for scenery installed except US North America. 

38 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Bob,

Do you have Vector installed? If so, please run the AEC tool. 

Cheers

Doug

No I don't have vector. Some how I my OP, i meant to say I have UTX USA installed only, and this hasn't been an issue with any of the other Orbx NA airports except this one. 

3 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Is your mesh resolution set at 5m?

Yes 5m  and I also checked for duplicate BGLs, had one in My Traffic 6, deactivated it and same problem. I just purchased this region last week, and at this point am wondering if unistalling and reinstalling would be advisable. Don't want to make a mess of everything, so am not sure of the exact procedure to do this. 

Ok, lets reinstall the Orbx Libs, to do that, look in your main flight sim root folder and go to the ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the "FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.txt", this will tell FTXC3 that they are no longer installed and allow you to reinstall them,

to do that, look in your main flight sim root folder and go to the ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the "FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.txt", this will tell FTXC3 that they are no longer installed and allow you to reinstall them,

Just now, Doug Sawatzky said:

to do that, look in your main flight sim root folder and go to the ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the "FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.txt", this will tell FTXC3 that they are no longer installed and allow you to reinstall them,

Ok. so when I do that, and open up Central, Central, it  will tell me that they are not installed and  need to be installed again. Hey, thanks for your help and patience. I think I will deal with  this in the morning when I am more awake. 

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

OK, followed all your instructions, reinstalled Northern Rockies, and no change, aircraft under the tarmac at the ramp area. 

By the way, another Avsim member flying P3D having the exact same problem at that airport. 

Hi there,

this type of issue typically happens if another add-on for that airport uses a different reference altitude but has higher display priority than our version. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *KFCA*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths. An example of such a list is shown here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134687-kmry-elevation-issue/?do=findComment&comment=1195382

How to post screenshots in our forum: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/122913-how-to-post-a-screenshot/

Cheers, Holger

2 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

this type of issue typically happens if another add-on for that airport uses a different reference altitude but has higher display priority than our version. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *KFCA*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths. An example of such a list is shown here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134687-kmry-elevation-issue/?do=findComment&comment=1195382

How to post screenshots in our forum: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/122913-how-to-post-a-screenshot/

Cheers, Holger

I believe I found the problem. I did a search as you suggested and came up with 3 files. One of the files was named ADE_FTX_NRM_KFCA_elevation adjustment.BGL It was located in P3DVe/scenery/world/scenery It was dated 5/13/2010     The elevation adjustment got my attention so I decided to put passive on the end of the file.  I reloaded KFCA and now my aircraft is the correct place on the ramp sitting on it's landing gear on top of the pavement.  I will send you this file so you can look at it.  Thanks for your help.   

ADE_FTX_NRM_KFCA_elevation_adjustment.BGL.PASSIVE

Hi again,

well, that basically proves my point that another add-on for KFCA is active. ADE_FTX_NRM_KFCA_elevation adjustment.BGL is required for the correct display of the NRM version of KFCA. If you have to deactivate that file then that means that you have some other file active, at higher display priority than the NRM block of entries, that relies on the default elevation of KFCA.

Below is the list of three NRM files that need to work together; the first file on the list will only exist if you have Global Vector installed and is not relevant for the proper display of the airport.

The other screenshot is taken sitting on helipad 1 at KFCA with NRM installed and no third-party add-on.  

Cheers, Holger

FTX NRM - KFCA file list.jpg

FTX NRM - KFCA helipad 1.jpg

56 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi again,

well, that basically proves my point that another add-on for KFCA is active. ADE_FTX_NRM_KFCA_elevation adjustment.BGL is required for the correct display of the NRM version of KFCA. If you have to deactivate that file then that means that you have some other file active, at higher display priority than the NRM block of entries, that relies on the default elevation of KFCA.

Below is the list of three NRM files that need to work together; the first file on the list will only exist if you have Global Vector installed and is not relevant for the proper display of the airport.

The other screenshot is taken sitting on helipad 1 at KFCA with NRM installed and no third-party add-on.  

Cheers, Holger

56 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi again,

Cheers, Holger

I have the bottom three files, exactly as you just posted, and the 1st of the bottom three is the one I deactivated. There are no other files in P3D that reference KFCA .  With elevation adjustment activated, I am underground. With it deactivated, everything is normal. No other scenery except My Traffic 6 BGL for that airport, and I already tried deactivating it. 

Archived