Terrain spikes in PNW using P3Dv4

Scandinavian

Well I can report that Orbx is not the culprit. I should have done this straight away, but I removed all the addons except Orbx and default, and sure enough the spikes went away.

Thankfully I don't have to much scenery installed in v4 yet so the search for the scenery causing the issue wasn't that long.

It looks like it's the Taxi 2 Gate KSEA-Terrain files that is causing the spikes. Interesting that a Seattle airport scenery should kick in so far away.
I guess I have to go bug them instead now. :lol:

30 minutes ago, Scandinavian said:

Well I can report that Orbx is not the culprit. I should have done this straight away, but I removed all the addons except Orbx and default, and sure enough the spikes went away.

Thankfully I don't have to much scenery installed in v4 yet so the search for the scenery causing the issue wasn't that long.

It looks like it's the Taxi 2 Gate KSEA-Terrain files that is causing the spikes. Interesting that a Seattle airport scenery should kick in so far away.
I guess I have to go bug them instead now. :lol:

This is true about Taxi2Gate's terrain files and there's a fix for it.  Maybe a search of the Compatibility Forum will reveal some info.  Taxi2Gate may know, but we discovered this one awhile ago.

Archived