P3D v4 - Vegas & DC

andy1252

Messing around a bit more. I also remember now how bad the documentation for P3D is. Can I find a listing of the main prepar3d.cfg file anywhere in the help? 'Course not. Never been able to find one in the past, why should I now? And if I'm being an idiot and someone wants to go "hey dummy, you'll find it here" I'll be more than happy to be chastised.

Still, progress is being made. Installed the Realair Lancair ok. That was interesting. I just ran the original installer, specified "install to P3dv2" and then supplied the address of my P3DV4 directory and it installed quite happily into the standard \Simobjects\Airplanes directory. But when I did my original v3 install it went outside the normal \Simobjects directory and installed into a \Realair directory off the P3DV3 root. Also got my Pilots FSGU NG mesh installed. Have found out FSUIPCv5 is going to happen and there will be an updated version of the Migration Tool that nobody likes to mention. Would REALLY like to hear about an updated SCE though.

And as long as I don't look too closely, I'm even trying a few flights here. Started out in Vegas as I'd been messing around there in v3

W9Z8P6I.jpg

y28GSSv.jpg

and then tried a flight out of Reagan DC as I'd noticed that DC was one of the specifically listed areas in the default scenery. I also figured if it was snowing I wouldn't be able to see so much of the lousy base scenery <grin>

jdKJQAC.jpg

SuHHUIB.jpg

Next step is to try and get my controls working properly again. I'd had to use FSUIPC to get my throttle working before, but that might have been fixed in v4. Not 100% sure yet. But hey, I can still drop back to v3 and cruise in comfort when it all gets a bit stressful.

I just found out Andy that we can't have both FSUIPC installed for 3.4 and 4 on the same PC.

EDIT:  My bad, we can have both.  Just can't run both sims at the same time.

Nice shots, now I wonder if I can do what you did with the P3D Duke I have.

Can you maybe walk me through it in a PM perhaps?

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I just found out Andy that we can't have both FSUIPC installed for 3.4 and 4 on the same PC.

Hi Jack

I thought FSUIPC will not work on v4?

Cheers

Rino

On 6/2/2017 at 5:21 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Jack

I thought FSUIPC will not work on v4?

Cheers

Rino

Thanks Jack

I installed it and it's quite limited at the moment. He is doing an awesome job though!

Cheers

Rino

Archived