Tapini control panel?

neucoas

Hi. Tapini had a control panel and was removed? I have some FPS drops, so i'd like to deactivate some of the eye candy. As the manual says, there is a control panel.

The TAP Control Panel can be accessed from the main FTX Central interface by clicking the Configure button.

But when i check FTX central, the option is disabled, as shows the screenshot attached

TAP.jpg

I also didnt find any control panel launcher under ..\FSX\ORBX\Scripts, like LSGK has.

Thanks in advance !

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello.

It doesn't have a control panel.

Hi Nick, thanks for the answer. Is there a list of .bgl i could disable, so i can gain some performance? Maybe ask Tim, the devoloper, when he has time?

Hi Neu,

We never included a control panel as the airports are fairly small and the texture-load footprint is very small, at only around 70mb for the whole project, and we like to keep it simple

In my opinion, the best performance increase is to be gained from dropping the autogen slider a notch or two, as the surrounding rainforest landclass can be tough when set to max, i.e animated parrots start appearing in the rainforest on the highest autogen tree setting.

However, in regards to disabling files, I did a quick test and you can safely disable:

Orbx_PI_BP1_PLC_extra peeps.bgl   -  (lots of butterflies and people)

Orbx_PI_BP1_PLC_additions.bgl  - (ambient cows, and some grass clusters)

(files found in FSX\ORBX\FTX_PI\FTX_AA_TAP\Scenery)

Without losing too much of the 'feel', see how it works for you, if it makes a difference we can whip up a control option for these

Cheers, Tim

2 hours ago, Tim Harris said:

Hi Neu,

We never included a control panel as the airports are fairly small and the texture-load footprint is very small, at only around 70mb for the whole project, and we like to keep it simple

In my opinion, the best performance increase is to be gained from dropping the autogen slider a notch or two, as the surrounding rainforest landclass can be tough when set to max, i.e animated parrots start appearing in the rainforest on the highest autogen tree setting.

However, in regards to disabling files, I did a quick test and you can safely disable:

Orbx_PI_BP1_PLC_extra peeps.bgl   -  (lots of butterflies and people)

Orbx_PI_BP1_PLC_additions.bgl  - (ambient cows, and some grass clusters)

(files found in FSX\ORBX\FTX_PI\FTX_AA_TAP\Scenery)

Without losing too much of the 'feel', see how it works for you, if it makes a difference we can whip up a control option for these

Cheers, Tim

I have to say that the fps drops seems to be gone Tim! I want to add that i allways run Autogen in mid (FSX SE). Thanks for the help!

Archived