Double Ferry @ Block Island ?

scottb613

Hi Folks,

Just something I've noticed a bunch - not sure if it's scenery related...

Does anyone else get the animated double AI ferry heading to Block Island ? Every time I see it - there are two - one right behind the other...

Something on my end ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,

Until Alex has a chance to give a more definitive answer, here are a couple of thoughts: I think it’s safe to say that the two most common causes of duplicate AI  ferries are 1) pausing and resuming the sim where the distance between the boats will roughly correspond to the speed of the boat and the time interval, and 2) duplicate traffic files that are active, in particular duplicate trafficboats.bgl in the case of default ferries. In P3D, if you use your scenery.cfg to point to files in other than the default location, sometimes the duplicate is not so obvious.

You might post a screenshot so Alex can see just which ferry or ferries are involved.

Larry

Hi Larry,

Thanks so much - I'll check when I get home on the weekend and post a pix if I can't fix it... I don't think they looked like third party ferries - if I recall correctly they looked like default models...

Regards,

Scott

Archived