Compton Abbas ground elevation graphics bug

PCF

I have just bought Compton Abbas scenery and already own a large amount of Orbx payware.  There is a ground elevation graphics error which means that when selecting parking position #1 as starting point for a flight, the aircraft appears in a deep hole.

The large 'hole' in the scenery is a permanent fixture located to the left of the control tower (if facing the runway).  Once inside the hole, there is no way out except quit back to the FSX menu.  At the bottom of the hole are several static aircraft, people etc.

All of my other Orbx scenery is fine, other than Damyns Hall which has an anoying graphics bug that makes a very small static Cessna appear and get dragged around with the FSX camera.  I wonder if Orbx' quality control is not the same for these very small airfields?

I would really like some help to get to the bottom of these issues - particularly the Compton one, which is a very bad bug given this is relatively expensive payware.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help on this.  I followed the advice pasted below, from the thread TymK mentioned and it seems to have worked.  Incidentally, the 'hole' I experienced had four vertical sides unlike the one in another user's screen shot which had shallow sloped sides.

For the record, if anyone from Orbx is reading this, in my opinion as a loyal paying customer, you need to get your act together when it comes to quality control and support.  You are really letting yourselves down.

Anyway, here's the solution that worked for me and got rid of the hole.

"I was having exactly the same problem, and while I didn't understand all of the replies here ("SimStarter profile?"; "remove the .OFF"?) I was able to find 000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_ALT.BGL in Scenery\World\Scenery and removing it has done the trick. "

Archived