Product Purchases in Australia - Tax Invoice

Ken

Hi all,

After making a purchase today, I did not receive any Tax Invoice showing the product price  and GST amount as required by Australian Law. When will these be forthcoming?

I only received an Order Complete related to transaction ID. The receipt is not in my account on the Orbx site either. 

Could someone please explain how I get the necessary receipt.

Thanks

All products sold to Australian customers are GST inclusive. We are not obliged to send a tax invoice, but if you require one then please raise a support ticket and one can be emailed to you within 28 days as per tax office rules.

Please note that if you are a business and GST registered and wishing to claim the GST input credit you should purchase a commercial license not a personal use one. Our EULA clearly states our products are for personal non-business use only.

OK, I found your EULA somewhere, not very prominent.....but I am still quite disappointed that you do not automatically provide a receipt as every other merchant I have ever made any purchase from anywhere in the world. I don't understand how you can interpret Australian consumer laws any differently than any other retailer. 

Yes I am a retail customer. Thanks.

The EULA is at the bottom of every page of the Orbx Direct website.

Since I am not from Australia, would you explain why you need the detailed

receipt and what you intend to do with it?

We have Value Added Tax receipts here, is this a similar thing?

However, to the retail customer, they are of little value, as no VAT refund is

available to us.

Thanks.

22 hours ago, John Venema said:

All products sold to Australian customers are GST inclusive. We are not obliged to send a tax invoice, but if you require one then please raise a support ticket and one can be emailed to you within 28 days as per tax office rules.

John is sort of correct; For purchases under AU$75 a tax invoice is not compulsory. If I request an invoice then a compliant one must be provided within 7 days (not 28).

Nick,

I was wondering why a detailed email receipt is not given automatically, like everyone else in the world!

How do I "raise a support ticket"?

Ken

Hi Nick,

Roger that...

I've never had to beg for a receipt before. I guess the transaction ID is all Orbx needs. But what's wrong with having a receipt? I have a very good collection of them. Why do I feel like I'm being thought of as some kind of criminal just for asking?

I give up!

Thanks for your help anyway.

Over and out, 73's, clear skies etc.

So, 

I raised a "ticket"

Kjpercival

May 8, 10:41 PM AEST

Please send me a detailed invoice/receipt for transaction ID is #############.
YWOL Wollongong Airport x1 $17.46 AUD

and received the following reply

Richard Lincoln (Orbx Simulation Systems)

May 9, 7:27 AM AEST

Hi,

Please go to Orbx Direct, click on Account, find YWOL and that is the receipt/invoice we provide Sir.

Thanks
Richard

Could anyone please tell me if Orbx is an Australian company?

The following seems to indicate that it is. And therefore my request for a tax invoice should (MUST) be honoured within 7 days.

Orbx Simulation Systems Pty Ltd

Australian Company Number: 120838244
 Australian Business Number: 59120838244
 Registration date: 2006/07/20
 Type: Australian proprietary company
 Class: Limited by Shares
 Subclass: Proprietary other

Archived