Pre-purchase question

elsmoko

I'm interested in NZ South Island.  Is the NZQN airport included with NZ South Island ?  Is it the equal in appearance to the "stand alone" Orbx NZQN airport ? 

I've read in your ad that NZ South Island includes major upgrades to the airports,  however I don't know how these major upgrades compare to the stand alone

Orbz versions of the airports.  In other words, after purchase of the "Region" I'd prefer not to buy a stand alone Orbx airport if it's equivalent is included in the

Region.  Or,  if the stand alone airport (ie. NZQN) offers significant improvement over the NZQN that's included with the Region then I should consider

buying it so I could have a Major, major upgrade ~:) 

Also,  how can I obtain a stand alone installable for the FTX / Orbx programs I purchase.  I feel a bit insecure depending only on FTX Central for access

to the add-on programs that I purchase.  Is it possible to get them on DVD or ....  ? 

Thank you,

Ken Boardman  

Thank you for the fast reply Nick.  I'll be after both.  I'm DL'ing Pago Pago, Tahoe and Anacortes "as we speak"  ~:)

Also,  how can I obtain stand alone installation files for the FTX / Orbx programs that I purchase.  I feel a bit insecure depending only on FTX Central for access

to the add-on programs that I purchase.  Is it possible to get them on DVD or ....  ? 

Thank you,

Ken 

Hello Ken.

No there is no longer an option to have products supplied on DVD.

There are three choices, you can have FTX Central install the product.

You can have FTX Central install the product and make a back up.

You can download the file for the product from the Orbx Direct product page

but you still need to use FTX Central to install it.

Hi Ken/Nick ... if I can throw a spanner in the works, here ...

1) NZSI is a beauty - regardless of how many/few airports it covers. NZQN isn't too bad (certainly way better than default) and NZNS is damn' good - as is NZWB.

2) I'd switch horses slightly and go for NZMF - it's totally unbelievable!

Adam.

Thank you again Nick for the fast / detailed reply.  I think I'll go with option two and / or three.

Thank you for the tip regarding NZMF,  I've added it to my shopping list > Priority one ~:)

Best to all,

Ken

Archived