Runway Loading error for CYPW

Hello ORBX ... I seem to have found a bug for CYPW (Powell River) that I cant permanently fix and it's a bit tricky to explain it but here goes.

When I do an initial load of the Airport from the main P3D menu of CYPW Powell River using the default active runway 27 the wheels of the

plane are below the ground and a large part of the runway is missing 

Now if I use the GO TO AIRPORT function and go to another airport (e.g. CYPK) and then use GO TO AIRPORT again to go back to CYPW

Powell River, the airplane and runway is now showing correctly. This seems like some kind of loading error.

Using AIRPORT ELEVATION CORRECTION does not appear to fix the problem because its not an ADD-ON airport, it is part of PNW.

As I said, I can do a work around by using the above method to correct the runway but I was wondering if you could duplicate my error

and if possible fix it.

Cheers

Terry O'Brien

Hello Terry,

I cannot replicate this, but I don't have P3D.

If you start at the airport and the aircraft is stuck in the ground, what happens when you move it?

If you are using your own default flight, starting at the airport, you might try deleting that flight and

simply  navigate there using the Free flight menu.

It reads to me that if you do that, there isn't a problem, which also suggests that the problem might

be stored in a flight that you have created.

Hello Nick .... I cant fix this problem and I was wondering if I could persuade you to take another look at it. please.

Here is a description of the problem again:

When I do an initial load using free flight of CYPW Powell River on runway 27 immediately after starting the SIM, (FSX or P3D), the planes wheels and lower body are buried into the ground, the runway is not complete and if I try to take off the plane crashes by burying itself into the ground.

This only happens if CYPW is the first airport I choose after starting up the Sim. (Either FSX or P3D). Any other airport I first choose loads OK. This always occurs with MY system.

If I don't take off after choosing CYPW  and I select GO TO AIRPORT and select any other airport everything at the new airport displays OK but If I then select GOTO AIRPORT again and choose CTPW Powell River again the plane and the runway displays correctly and I can do a normal take off.  Since I fly out of  CYPK Powell River regularly this work around is rather a nuisance.

I am unable to correct this error and I am NOT having any other problems with my Sim  my scenery or my computer at all.

cheers

Terry

PS. In FSX the only the RUNWAY itself is corrupted. the plane is ok.

Hi Terry,

Below is what I am seeing, I loaded the flights as you did and see no issue with Mesh set to 5m.

CYPW_R27

yDzguQ0.jpg

CYPK

u9hLdkQ.jpg

CYPW_R27 Reloaded from CYPK

S3iklwh.jpg

Hello Richard .... Thanks for your feed back and the pictures. I seem to have Permanently/Temporarily fixed my problem by renaming a file.

The file I renamed is as follows:

....\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Scenery\World\scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_CYPW_elevation_adjustment.BGL

renamed to:

....\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Scenery\World\scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_CYPW_elevation_adjustment.OFF

Now as you can see this file only applies to CYPW Powell River so no other airports are affected so can I delete this file entry?

It appears to me that this file only get loaded ONCE at Initialization or start up of the sim and why the airport runway is incorrect only on a start-up and first selection of the airport.

Can you confirm for me that ...\WORLD\SCENERY\Only gets loaded once at start-up.

When I use the ... GO TO AIRPORT ... from the display menu I suspect the data gets loaded from the following location:

...\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery

...because the scenery and runway is now correct.

I am, of course, not sure about any of this but It might be a clue and something you might want to look at.because I see that many users are getting elevation errors.

Anyway please let me know if I can delete the above file entry from ... world\scenery\... etc.

Cheers

Terry

Archived