San Diego black buildings (missing textures)

iamlmc

Hello I have been trying to fix the issue shown in the picture (black buildings) in the past few day with no avail.

152jqyv.jpg

I am using Orbx NA Southern California + LatinVFR KSAN and using the following "fixes" present in the FTX compatibility forum (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107876-sca-compatibility-with-latinvrf-ksan-san-diego/).

Initial I thought it was a LatinVFR problem but Ricardo told me it wasn't their buildings. So I tried with LatinVFR KSAN deactivated and the missing textures persisted... I am guessing it is something to do with NA Southern California so any tips help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Luís

PS: Simulator is Prepar3D v3.4.22.19868 on Win 10 x64 machine.

Thans for the feedback!

I have used the forum search and have read the topic you have pointed... My problem is different, at least in extent, since I only have 4 skyscrapers black... The mentioned topic have a lot more structures black and besides none of them coincide with my missing textures.

Same problem causing different issues? Any other help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Luís

Hello

"Missing" texture can also be caused by there being two references to the same library object.

It could be that there are too many textures, rather then textures missing.

The answer would be to disable all addon scenery for the area, see if the buildings remain

and textures return and then add the addon scenery back until the textures are gone again.

In this way, you should be able to identify the cause,

Problem is solved!

Followed Doug's suggestion (uninstalled and installed NA Southern Cali) and issue was gone. Somehow I had a corrupt NA SCA installation similar to the other post pointed by Doug.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards,

Luís

I had a similar problem at LOWI with black textures on the sides of most buildings near the airport (autogen I believe). A simple reinstall of LOWI fixed the problem entirely. It may have been caused by a transfer from P3Dv2 to P3Dv3 where I moved my ORBX folder across and let FTX Central 3 do it's thing so I didn't have to redownload everything.

Archived