Crashes at Valdez PAVD

JW Johnson

Hello!

Once again, a problem seems to have found me and me alone - I have found no other topics relating to it.

I just bought a series of SAK airports, including Valdez PAVD. So far, the others have worked well, but Valdez seems to have an invisible "brick" covering most of the runway and part of the parking area. I have flown down the runway at progressively lower altitudes until I hit the invisible obstruction at about 100 ft. If I try to go to the Valdez airport from another airport, the plane crashes immediately, as though it had hit an obstacle.

I'm guessing that this has something to do with elevation, although I ran Vector AEC and applied the results, with no change.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

JW Johnson

Orbx order receipt 5907bd9a6d2ca

Hey! Sorry about this, the issue has been known for some time but I haven't got around to fix a Service Pack yet. The issue is the grass believe it or not, that triggers a crash detection. I'll try to put the last pieces together for the service pack soon. In the meantime please turn off crash detection in the sim or disable the grass. Sorry for the inconvenience , regards marcus

Hello Marcus,

There was also a taxiway connection problem which, according to "experts" ;),  was the cause of disparition of landing and taking of AI traffic.

Will it be adressed in the next Service Pack ?

Thanks in advance.

Gérard

18 hours ago, gaab said:

Hello Marcus,

There was also a taxiway connection problem which, according to "experts" ;),  was the cause of disparition of landing and taking of AI traffic.

Will it be adressed in the next Service Pack ?

Thanks in advance.

Gérard

Hi Gérard!

Yes, thanks for reminding me on that, I'll make sure that this is being fixed for the update. 

regards,

Marcus

Archived