OOM Issues HD airports

flyer767

Hello:

I am using many of the HD custom airports (ORBX and NON ORBX) and if my slider settings are too high my VAS usage causes FSX to crash.

I have installed FTX Global Base Pack, FTX Global openLC North America, FTX Global Trees HD, and FTX Global Vector. In addition to the above I have all 7 of the North America regions.

1. Is it true that ORBX scenery ignores the trees and buildings per cell parameters in fsx.CFG?

2. If I uninstall the FTX Global Trees does that increase memory?

3. Is there anything in the [TERRAIN] entries below that will help me? I am curious about the first entry concerning the IMAGE_PIXELS. Will that help or hinder the memory issue? I do not have the IMAGE_PIXELS line in my fsx.CFG but saw it in a blog.

[TERRAIN]
IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=512
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=500
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=500

I am not sure what the below listed entries do but I did not remove it. I am assuming NVIDIA put it there.

[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432
D3D10=0

Textures are set to this parameter
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

IF anyone can give me some help I would appreciate this.

Thanks
Don

Just about everybody has this problem on long flights with high slider settings.  The biggest users of VAS are autogen and maximum load radius.  You can manipulate vas by temporarily going to minimum load radius, minimum clouds and low autogen, then after a bit raising them back up, but you are walking right along the edge by doing it that way.  

A lot of guys and gals have OOM crashes on approach.  One minor trick is to save just before descending, exit the sim, then go back in to complete the flight.  What I do on long flights is put a bunch of clouds below me then go to minimum load radius and reduced autogen, its like a cheat, but then I cheat a lot by turning off engine damage, turning of career, and dialing in a tail wind.  Then when I get close to the airport I raise the settings, raise the overclocking, and hope I can land before the system crashes for one reason or another.  Usually works, but not the best practice.

Archived