Installing in FSX-SE in a G:/ Drive

I have both FSX-box set and FSX-SE. The box set in on the C:/ drive and the Stream version is on the G;/ drive.  The install program doesn't allow me to choose a location.  How do I install ORBX products from the disc into FSX-SE on the G:/ drive?

Dale 

Dale

This tool is used for creating a new FSX registry entry, so your other addons you want to install will find the correct location, so just select the "Set Path" option and browse to your fsx.exe located in the main root folder of the FSX installation on your G:\drive, after it is set then any addons will now automatically install to that location instead of your boxed FSX location.

This solution does not work if both versions of FSX are installed,

though it is fine if there is only one.

If the registry is reset to the FSX-SE location, FTX Central will no

longer recognise FSX disk edition.

I have created a guide which should clear this up for you.

Please see the notes which are particularly relevant

to your problem.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for helping. I did install fsxse.c3json okay.  However, this is not the issue.  I purchased all my ORBX products through The Flight Sim Store and after unwrapping the install program only allow installation in the FSX(Box set) on the C;/ drive.  How can I modify it to install in the FSX-SE on the G:/ Drive?

Dale

Hi Nick,

In order to insure I did this right I went back through the entire process as outlined in your instructions.  When I got to the "fsxse.c3json" I received an "file archived - can not open" message.  Also, I discovered that Orbx no longer uses the FlightSim Store, so I signed up on the Orbx web site to transfer my licenses and "transfer" section will not recognizes my email address.  I get a "wooops" message.  So I how have to problems to solve.  Please help.

Dale 

Hi Nick,

I've made some progress.  I believe the real issue is that Orbx no longer uses the FlightSim Store and now has a direct web site. I have registered for a new account, downloaded the new FTX central and gone through FSS migration.  However this process has raised a number of questions:

1. Will the FlightSim Store backup Disk no longer work?

2. After going through the migration process, I can't update my open LC NA or Open LC NAAKCA. I receive a message stating these are unlicensed copies and to go to FSS to migrate the license. Why, as I have already done that? Also the migration route (orbxdierect.con/account/migrate/openlc-na) doesn't exist on the web site.

3. Every time I open FTX Central I have to down load it again. Why?

4. If the "Customer is King", why wasn't I notified of Orbx's change to direct sales so I could know I needed a new account? 

I have purchase a lot of Orbx products over the last three years. How can I determine a they have all been migrated?  Can my original purchases (once migrated) be used for both FSX BOX set and FSX-SE?  Please help me sort this mess out.

Dale

Hello Dale.

1. There is no reason why your FSS purchases will not install, unless the installers on the disks

are old and not for FSX Steam Edition

If this is the case, your back up disk will never have been capable of installing to FSX-SE.

What colour are the installer backgrounds?

If you do not have a registry entry to tell the installer that FSX-SE is there, it will not

show as an option regardless of the installer version.

2. I have found an Orbx Direct account that might be yours but I would need you to confirm in a Private Message

the account name and e mail address that you used.

It has had no products transferred to it from the FSS, though the process has been started.

If it is yours, you might try logging in to this address with your FSS log in details to complete the process.

https://www.flightsimstore.com/orbx-datashare.php

In any event, there is a copy of OLCNA A/C in your FSS account but no record of OLCNA which is a different product.

3. If FTX Central is doing this, you have created a shortcut to the installer instead of the program .exe file.

Delete your present shortcut and go to C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\v3.1.0.2

There you will find FTXCentral.exe. Right click on it and select Send to desktop (create shortcut) and use that instead.

4. FTX digital software bought from the FSS can be migrated to an Orbx Direct account.

At present, any FTX software bought by any other means cannot.

FTX Central can install any products in the customer account to FSX, FSX-SE and all current versions of P3D.

There is a very useful guide to the new system here

Hi Nick,

1. The installer color is light blue/gray.

2. My Orbx Direct account is: edalerb@gmail.com.

3. I'll try is and let you know how it works.

4. All my Orbx product was purchased through FSS, so is should work if the migration were done.  I did go through FSS and authorize the data transfer. So if you can check on it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your help. I will wait to hear from you on the migration.

Dale

Hello,

1. That installer will not install to FSX-SE.

Have you tried returning to your FSS account page for the latest versions?

4. Yes, that was the account I checked and no, the migration has not been  

completed, there are no payware products in it yet.

Please see 2. above.

Hi Nick,

At this point I am very frustrated.  Problem 1 continues to be installing FTX v.3.  I have tried unsuccessfully install FTX v.3 about 10 times.  When I get to step 3 and run "Registryfixtool.exe" I do not get a window with a n "Add Location" tab.  It does not open the window shown on your instructions..  In stead, I get a window that lists both FSX BOX and FSX-SE showing the correct file path. So, Then I try to download the fsese.c3json and I get a "can not open - archived".  Version 3 in there along with version 2, so I can open it  if I follow the file path from users.  The deck top icon doesn't work.

Problem 2.  How can I complete the license transfer form FSS?  I have gone through the process and followed the instruction. I sent the email notice as instructed.  What can I do now to complete the transfer?

Dale

PS attached is a list of Orbx products I purchase through FSS

Orbx Products installed.docx

Hello again.

I hope that when you write " I have tried unsuccessfully install FTX v.3 about 10 times" you mean FTX Central v2?

Would you take a screen shot of " I get a window that lists both FSX BOX and FSX-SE showing the correct file path"

please.

If you are seeing a message "cannot open", I must assume that you are trying to open  fsxse.c3json and not save it as

you should be.

To complete the process of transferring your product licences, please click on this link

https://www.flightsimstore.com/orbx-datashare.php

and then log on using your Flight Sim Store account details.

Hi Nick,

Success!  Thanks for the FSS link.  That worked.  It open a new window for the transfer and allowed me to complete it.  I don't know why the other FSS links didn't work.  Also I managed to install FTX v.3.  I sill can't get the deck top icon to work.  But I can now open it and did the updates and installed all the Orbx  products.  So I'm a happy simmer!  Thanks for all your help in guiding me this ordeal.

Dale

Archived