Licence upgrade - England and Southampton Airport

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Product versions

If you own the FSS versions, FTX Central 3 should present you an option to select the simulator after installing Prepar3d3. Select Prepar3d3 and you should see your airports ready to install into Prepar3d. No fee required at all. 

Should you own England + Southampton on DVD, things may be more complicated. I don't have any ORBX DVDs, but as far as I read there should/will be a procedure for applying to a conversion to the download version, not sure if this is in force  already, though.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael, I have the images but when reinstalling England it presents you with 3 options, namely FSX, Prepar3ed v1 and 2 but not v3. Anyway tried to install using Prepar3d v2 but the installer gives an error message as it does for v1 as well. Maybe I will install as FSX (which I know works) and then check FTX Central and see what happens.

Many thanks for your reply.

Best wishes

Chris

I don't have the exactly same situation as you, however I have all ORBX scenery installed into Prepar3d. In addition I have FSX(:SE) installed, but without any ORBX scenery. If I now open FTX Central 3 choosing the FSX option I am presented all the sceneries I bought all being marked as "Not installed". From there I can click the product I am about to install and I am presented the very same installation options which I had before when I installed all sceneries into Prepar3d.

No need to manualy fiddle around with zip files or the like.

If you have installed Prepar3d3 but FTX Central 3 only presents you Prepar3d 1 and 2 as options, there might be an issue with your registry entry. As far as I know there is a tool available (registry fixer?) for repairing the entry, you can make a forum search for it.

First step is, however, I have to install the FTX Libraries, in my case under FSX:SE, as FTX Central 3 suggests.

Kiond regards, Michael

Hi Nick, I cant get beyond FSS Transfer - I get a message "Whoops something went wrong". It could be that when I purchased the software I used my old email account that has since changed (It was hacked and had to be deleted). Any further suggestions?

Best wishes

Chris

Archived