Persistent Winter Textures & AEC Utility Issue

Salty57

Been away from flying in FSX until recently. A day or so ago I updates NA LC and Global Vector. I'm based out of Northern Utah so I fly a lot there. I noticed yesterday that winter textures were showing up on the shoreline and within the Great Salt Lake itself. I changed to different seasons and still the winter textures persisted in being displayed. No matter which season I selected, the winter textures remained. Everything else seemed okay. I re-downloaded Global base and the NA LC but still have this problem.

Also one other problem, after updating the Vector and Libraries files, I tried to run the airport elevation correction program and I get a error message: " Unhandled exception has occurred....Cannot create a file when that file already exists." The utility will not run.

Details:

************* Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
   at FtxVector.Configurator.Ui.Forms.MainForm.(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks Doug,

I didn't have a change to get screenshots, however I do have the coordinates of the "hard winter" textures that are persistent.

1. 112 deg 10' W 41 deg 15' N

2. 112 deg 23' W 41 deg 13' N

3. 112 deg 45' W 40 deg 54' N

4. 112 deg 45' W 41 deg 5' N

I also followed your link to correcting AEC utility and it works now.

Hi again,

not sure what you mean by "mistake"; I pointed out that what you're looking at are the white salt pan textures, not winter variants. As mentioned in the thread I linked to it's very difficult to properly model these kinds of features with generic landclass textures. Then again, those areas near to and west of the Great Salt Lake definitely are very light-colored year-round as well; see https://goo.gl/maps/xEzVHaJ9USk

And an aerial image: stock-photo-aerial-view-of-the-great-sal

Cheers, Holger

Archived