Protocol "ftxc:" is unknown

Archive82

Attempting to reinstall all of my Orbx features after a system crash and want to use Free Download Manager. Get the message "Protocol "ftxc" is unknown" from FDM when I right click on Open in FTX Central and select the "Download with Free Download Manager" from drop down menu. (Having major download problems using FTX Direct download program so want to try FDM). Assistance please. Archive82

Nick:

Thanks, but there is no "saved Zip file" to download via anything. I need to download the whole enchilada (Base, Vector, Europe, NA, PacNW/Canada) from Orbx again. However, my attempts to do so via FTX3 always fail around 30% into the download. And the whole lengthy process goes back to zero and starts again (showing 14 hours to completion for Vector). I have made sure that the "Use multiple threads for downloads" is unchecked (as advised) and I have cleared Temp in the Settings/Tools page...no joy

I have attached the Orbx 'report' for the most recent failure ...although I don't know if it is legible. Have no idea how to 'attach' the report to this file.

So I am trying to do a complete de novo download of each Orbx unit using FDM. I can do the Vatsim OK, but the very large Orbx files just never seem to download even after multiple tries (have an ADSL link with adequate speed, BTW) - took seven attempts to get the Base Pak to finally complete its download. Am now trying Vector.

I know (I think I know) that several folks have successfully used FDM to download the Orbx stuff. But I got the unknown message when I tried.

Maybe I don't understand your statement: 

"...and get FDM to take over the download from the "Manual download" link." How does one get FDM to take over the Manual download if there is no way to notify FDM that it should 'take over'? What am I missing ?

Perhaps at 82 I'm a bit too slow to mentally connect here.

Appreciate the assistance.  -=Archive 82

Orbix crash.JPG

Archived