GPU load

OscarGrant

Hi,

Addons don't manage the GPU load. The core program does. Therefore, FSX is still (and for ever to its end) CPU dependant whereas P3D is much less

1 hour ago, Richard Bui said:

Hi,

Addons don't manage the GPU load. The core program does. Therefore, FSX is still (and for ever to its end) CPU dependant whereas P3D is much less

im talking about all the textures, doesnt the gpu do that? ive tried p3d and its still cpu dependant as well

im talking about all the textures, doesnt the gpu do that? ive tried p3d and its still cpu dependant as well

P3D is both CPU and GPU dependant. Impossible to have what we have in 2017 by just saying textures are not optimized

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, OscarGrant said:

How come i get the same fps or worse on p3d than fsx?

Use the same settings for P3D and FSX and you will get a much better performance with P3D than with FSX. People here usually compare apples with oranges. I.e consider all the complex lighting options you have in P3D, like cloud shadows, terrain cast shadows, terrain receive shadows, buildings cast, buildings receive, vegetation cast, vegetation receive, tessellation, HDR options,, much more complex water effects etc, When I use the same settings for both sims the P3D performance is by far superior.

Archived