Very slow loading ground textures

Nismo

Hey everyone,

I am having an issue where ORBX ground textures are loading SUPER SSSSSLLLOOOOOWWWWWW!!!...my PC shouldn't have any issue keeping up to such a dated game but i am aware that everything going on while flying takes a toll for sure...this issue doesn't seem to be happening in one area in particular but everywhere I fly...its incredibly annoying to deal with specially when I have set the sliders to what ORBX recommended for graphic settings within FSX and its performance is sub-par in my eyes...I have a feeling that the texture load times can be improved tho i am just unsure of how to go about doing this...I do have programs working along side FSX such as Active Sky 2016 + ACSA, PrecipitFX, 737 immersion, REX 4 - Texture direct...any help would be appreciated! (See attched for example screenshot)

PC Specs:

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Superclocked 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5

ASUS Z87-PLUS LGA 1150 Intel Z87

Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell Quad-Core 3.4 GHz LGA 1150

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3

2 x 256GB Samsung SSD's (RAID 0, FSX is installed on the SSD's)

20170217180609_1.jpg

fsx.cfg

Hello,

I have put your copy and paste into an attachment instead.

Try renaming your fsx.cfg file and let FSX build another without the tweaks.

Lock your frame rate at 30 and see if the textures load any better.

If so, you should only need the Highmemfix=1. 

Did what you recommended but to no avail...it seemed to help out a little bit but as you can see in the below screenshots from a test flight im doing now from EDDM to LOWI its still quite bad and very noticeable...for example i noticed a very blurry mountain coming up in the distance while in VC mode and then went to Spot view mode and watched the mountain terrain detail very slowly sharpen up a tiny bit as a flew over and past it...any more suggestions? I have been fighting with this since i purchased the product and would love to hear of a solution to this, surely there has to be one by now...thanks for the help! 

20170403145640_1.jpg

20170403150630_1.jpg

20170403150730_1.jpg

Hi,

Apart from replacing your cfg file with a fresh one there are a few things for consideration Nismo.

1. Firstly, have you tried in a default aircraft over the same area?

2 Try disabling Active Sky 2016 + ACSA, PrecipitFX, 737 immersion, REX 4 - Texture direct, run the same scenario

3  Are your Drivers up to date from the Manufacturer?

4  Traffic, Autogen, Weather, Boats, Detail Radius, Cloud draw distance, ect, ect, should be matched to your Pc Specs

• 11 months later...

I am having this issue as well along with many other people. And I am running a GTX 1080 Hybdrid, i7700k @ 4.9Ghz. Would really like to see some help with this issue. It has been mentioned that issue is with p3d, but the issue started when i installed ORBX products. Please help!

Archived