Future Airport Request

YSSY

I'm not sure how the 'next project' is determined, but I'd like to offer some suggestions for future projects:

1. YSWG - Wagga Wagga, NSW, Australia

2. YMAY - Albury, NSW, Australia

3. YBHM - Hamilton Island, QLD, Australia

4. YBSU - Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia

Without question, the quality of scenery addons produced by ORBX, stand head and shoulders above any others available. Demand for these type of areas will likely extend to trainee pilots intending to operate to/from these regional areas, and of course, anyone wanting a recreational/entertainment experience to high quality commonly used airports in Australia. Of course, there are so many more potential airports to consider, but these are my personal suggestions for this area.

For consideration.

Cheers. 

Hi Johnnycrockett,

Yep, I have tried out Ant's YBHM. Full credit must go to Ant for his rendition of the airport and the quality achieved in 2009.

However, the proven quality of ORBX products and contemporary techniques would, without question, bring unsurpassed realism to Hamilton Island in FSX and/or P3D.

I´m on your side when it comes to ORBX doing more Australian Airports in the future, however Ant`s Hamilton Island is one of the finest freeware sceneries ever created for Australia IMHO. Maybe a modern rendition by ORBX could improve it even further, but then again, there are other Australian Airports for which there is no decent scenery at all (Perth comes to mind), so I´d rather have the ORBX developers focus on those.

Be sure to frequently check out the OZx preview forums, too; those guys are getting better with every release. There is also a thread on fsdeveloper.com that shows some very promising WIP shots of Flinders Island, definitely worth keeping an eye on it.

Cheers,

Fabian

• 1 month later...

Archived