Pago Pago sunk into the ground

ttigiras

My first purchase of an orbx product and it doesn't work. I tried to contact Support and they said I need to post here... so, I will try...

I bought the Pago Pago scenery for FSX Steam on Windows 8. When I try to use it the first time, it appears as if it is sunk into the ground. Does anyone in the community know how to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance, Ron

20170325092513_1.jpg

Hi there,

I cant see any evidence that NSTU Pago Pago is even installed?, in your picture the autogen is showing as default

Can you check these three things and report back:

1. you have an active FTX_AA_NSTU entry in your FSX scenery library

2. you have FTX Central V2 installed and setup and that the Orbxlibs are installed

3. confirm if you have any 3rd party AI programs installed (mytrafficX etc)

And lastly perhaps post a picture from higher elevation so I can make sure its installed correctly or not at all

Kind regards, Tim

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked my Scenery Library for and FTX_AA_NSTU and I have found no such entry. I am guessing the FTX Central V2 and Orbxlibs would also be in the Scenery Library too? If so, I also have no such files in the Scenery Library. Finally, I have no 3rd Party AI programs installed - although, I'm not sure what those are. I have installed EZDoc yesterday, however, this installation was after I tried to install Orbx Scenery.

Hi,

Yes that is definitely not installed!

I suppose something is wrong with the registry entries for FSX-SE otherwise it all should install properly, did you have the boxed version of FSX installed on your PC at any point before?

@Nick Cooper what is the current method for resetting this? TIA

Hello,

First, would you visit your FSX folder and see if you have an Orbx folder with \FTX_PI\FTX_AA_NSTU inside it.

I would hope that you have FTX Central installed and the libraries and that at the top left of the FTX Central window

the simulator version is displayed.

Can you tell us what that is please?

To answer the first question from Mr. Tim: yes, I once had the boxed version of FSX, but purchased the Steam edition last year. I thought I had uninstalled the boxed edition, but am not sure because it's folder is on my hard drive and I cannot remove it!

To answer Mr. Nick: In the Steam edition's of FSX, I have the following folders:

FTX_GLOBAL

FTX_NA

FTX_PI

Scripts

User Documents

Under FTX_PI, I have these folders:

FTX_AA_NSTU

FTXX_PNG_HOLGERMESH

I don't see the FTX_CENTRAL which you speak of.

I can't find such a file: scenery.cfg. under the folder you specify. I have and Addon Scenery folder where I have a few folders underneath them. Then I have a scenery folder with many folders underneath it: e.g., 0306, BASE, Cities, etc. Then, I have the ORBX Folder. Within that one, in the Scripts folder are a few files that seem to be CFG files: e.g., scenerylib_FTX_AA_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS, etc.

Yes, thanks.

Please try the following.

Delete C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx and

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx.

Install FTX Central v2 using the file from this download link.

Go to your C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx folder

and run RegistryFixTool.exe as an administrator.

Post a screen shot of the result.

Then delete C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx again and

install FTX Central v3 from any of the links on theOrbx Direct site.

I have done as you instructed.

When I tried to first run the Registry Tool, I was told that I needed to run FTX Central v2 at least once. I did, but got the error ftx96. I provided a screen shot of that.

I then ran the Registry Tool again, and it only found the Prepar3D. I provide a screen shot of that.

Next, I used the add feature to locate the Steam Edition of FSX. I provide a screen shot of that. I closed the program after adding FSX since that is all the real options available to me.

Finally, I installed FTX Central v3...

What next?

trying to fun FTX Central v2.png

trying to run registry tool.png

using the add location button.png

Archived