Installation ORBX products in P3D after FSX

Hello,
I have just installed ORBX products (Global,Vector,openLC NA) this morning into my FSX:SE using the FTX Central download and install. After that I bought P3D V3.4 and want to install ORBX into P3D.

So I have to start FTX Central and download all over again? Or there is a way to use the installation from FSX to install into P3D without having to download again?
I am still in progress of searching in the forum but have not found the answer yet.
Thank you,
Hoang Le

Hi Hoang Le

Sorry you cannot use anything from your FSX installation for your P3D. When you install a product from FTXC3 you will need to click on the orange "installation options" button and choose an option first, and be sure to put the backup .zip file in a named folder so you can identify it moving forward as the zip files are not named.

Alternately you can,

sign in to your Orbx Direct account on the web page, and click on the account button top of page, then find and click on the product info, and in the bottom line small print there is a manual download option, down load it and save it in a named folder, then open FTXC3 and select it, and click on the orange "installation options" and select "Install from my manually downloaded .zip".

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2017 at 1:49 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Hoang Le

Sorry you cannot use anything from your FSX installation for your P3D. When you install a product from FTXC3 you will need to click on the orange "installation options" button and choose an option first, and be sure to put the backup .zip file in a named folder so you can identify it moving forward as the zip files are not named.

Alternately you can,

sign in to your Orbx Direct account on the web page, and click on the account button top of page, then find and click on the product info, and in the bottom line small print there is a manual download option, down load it and save it in a named folder, then open FTXC3 and select it, and click on the orange "installation options" and select "Install from my manually downloaded .zip".

Cheers

Hi, Thank you so much, I did the manual installation.

Cheers,

Hoang Le

Archived