My brief review of KSAN

Jordan King

Following a short first look video of KAVX, I decided to also look at the old offering on KSAN on the market with the new state of the art one from ORBX. Knowing this is a new dev to the ORBX team, I must say that it is important to point out how wonderful of a job they have done for a first go and look forward to more projects in the future! 

3 minutes ago, Benny said:

Well done Jordan, I never saw the FPS # like you talked about?

Ben

Look closely at the top right and top left of the screen. It is a light green number that you can see based on which scenery I am showing. Orbx is on the right. 

1 minute ago, Jordan King said:

Look closely at the top right and top left of the screen. It is a light green number that you can see based on which scenery I am showing. Orbx is on the right. 

Got it, I never was close to your FPS, I never saw anything over 25, time for a new rig I guess.

Nice camera work again

Ben

Exactly the type of video I was hoping to see on a side by side comparison before I make my final decision on purchasing the new KSAN. To be honest with you, I'm still undecided, but very convince on what I see so far from Orbx side. Specially knowing no more issues with the hill side approaching runway 27. I also like how the highway under and over path looks on the approach to runway 27. Thanks for sharing!

I think that Jordan did a fair comparison. This is a solid scenery and it performs well on my system. I just completed a flight from KSFO to KSAN in the PMDG 737 and had over 600k VAS remaining at the gate. I don't watch FPS but my approach to 27 was very smooth; and I have to tell you: it is so nice to fly past the city and over that last hill and not see floating buildings. Airport modelling is definitely superior in the Orbx version and the overall surroundings are much more immersive. I will tip the scale slightly to LVFR for the photoreal - their imagery is surprisingly a lot sharper.  Orbx, however, better captured the overall color matching and SoCal feel.  For those flying the heavy metal, the lack of sharpness is really not that noticeable. One option I would like to have in the control panel is the option to disable airport vehicles and even some of the clutter at the gates for those of us who like to use GSX.

For you helicopter nuts, KSAN is helipad Nirvana.

This was definitely a strong start out of the gate for Matteo.

Archived