Help with KSAN

_ME2_

Hi there

Yesterday, I have purchased the new KSAN airport. Unfortunately, it seems that I've been a little too optimistic about my computer's performance. The scenery is too much for my mid level PC. Even if I turn down scenery and simulator settings significantly, I get more of a slideshow than a fluid sim. Additionally, the scenery does lose its visual appeal when details are reduced that drastically. This is something, I have not experienced with my other Orbx addons. I unfortunately cannot enjoy this airport on my system.

I am not asking for a refund because the product has no technical issues. But I was wondering, if it is possible to exchange the product for another one of your offers (I have the Central Rockies Region in my mind)?

Independent of your answer, I am a long term fan and happy customer of your sceneries :) and this is not going to change either way.

Thanks for your help and understanding.

Greetings, Mike

1 hour ago, mjehle said:

Hi there

Yesterday, I have purchased the new KSAN airport. Unfortunately, it seems that I've been a little too optimistic about my computer's performance. The scenery is too much for my mid level PC. Even if I turn down scenery and simulator settings significantly, I get more of a slideshow than a fluid sim. Additionally, the scenery does lose its visual appeal when details are reduced that drastically. This is something, I have not experienced with my other Orbx addons. I unfortunately cannot enjoy this airport on my system.

I am not asking for a refund because the product has no technical issues. But I was wondering, if it is possible to exchange the product for another one of your offers (I have the Central Rockies Region in my mind)?

Independent of your answer, I am a long term fan and happy customer of your sceneries :) and this is not going to change either way.

Thanks for your help and understanding.

Greetings, Mike

Hi mjehle, i'm glad you like my scenery and i'm sorry if is much for your sistem, i have done all the best for max optimisation, but this is a critical area. I can suggest to try in the CP all the lower setting, and reduce the autogen to max at "normal", disable all dinamic shadows, and AI traffic ( car, airplanes and boat ) also you can try to reduce the water setting. These things usually save many fps. Concerning other question i can't answer, because i don't know.

hi matteo, thanks for your help and sorry for the late reply. i played with the settings a little and found a compromise that seems to be acceptable (less scenery complexity with a little more trees and autogen buildings, getting roughly 15 fps near the airport). 

there is one thing i'd like to mention tough. if you have to reduce 3d objects drastically (as i have to), then the photo real background gets a lot more prominent. in my situation, i would like to see this in somewhat higher resolution, it would increase the visual appeal of the scenery quite a lot. i understand however, that higher resolution imagery is not always available and with such a huge coverage, file size must be considered as well. 

all in all, i am happy now, no need for any product exchange anymore. 

cheers, mike

Archived