textures at airports

tombo92000

say:   I am having strange textures showing up at airports. Like blue water polygons and such. They only appear within the airport and its runways, aprons taxiways and grass areas.  There should only be grass or dirt in these areas around the runways, taxiways etc. This is happening at small airports. Ex.  in Africa, Yemen, Oman and neighboring islands.  What could be causing this?  ORBX GLOBAL or perhaps Vector??

Hello, I am having a very similar problem, I've only noticed it with default airports, the textures around the airports (between paved areas, and around airport perimeter) flip from one type to another, (city, forest, field, but seeming to favor water textures).  It is most often happening in areas around airports,  but in a cross country airline flight I saw the same thing in an open area around New Mexico,

I only have the Orbx Demos installed (Iceland and Olympic Peninsula, along with the libraries (FTX Central), but I noticed this happening around San Diego (North Island Air station is a texture Mess, other So Ca airports showing the same problem, also around LA.  I only noticed this happening this weekend, but I only fly on the weekends, I've had these Demo's in place for about a month, so I'm not sure if something new brought this on but I think it is interesting that tombo92000 saw the same thing at the same time.

I tried uninstalling the Orbx demos  (can't really install it all though, I see traces of it all over the place and haven't been able to uninstall the library), and uninstalling all of the add on scenery in the area where I noticed this (San Diego area).  Nothing seemed to change it.  Then tried re-installing Orbx, that didn't help either.

I don't know for sure it is Orbx related, but it seems a likely culprit given that this is a texture issue.

I have FS Genesis Mesh (world wide which I think has very little impact in North America it is meant to improve the rest of the world to Microsoft's North America Mesh), but no other wordwide scenery add on.  I did have Aerosoft Mega City LA but uninstalled that as well as part of trying to fix this issue, along with a free ware version of San Diego (and the free wear airport had photo textures, and those textures were fine around SAN, but when I went to the Default SAN the texture swap process started happening again around SAN airport, reinstalled the freeware and the freeware textures were fine again).

Thank you so much Orbx team if you can help fix it.  If not can you tell me how to completely uninstall Orbx so I can get all my files back to it was before Orbx and see if that helps.

Regards,

Kevin

Welcome to the forums 

Try the below procedure please.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Cheers

Doug

Thank you for your suggestion, I tried everything you recommended (and all of the settings were as you recommended before, but I reset them, and then did the forced migration.

Unfortunately nothing changed.  Still lots of crazy flipping textures around default airports.  The add on airports were, and are fine, but the textures around any default airports just flip around like a broken TV from water to pavement to neighborhood.

Can any one at Orbx suggest how to do a clean uninstall of all components so I can get the sim back to how it was before I loaded the demo, as I mentioned the uninstall of Iceland and Olympic Peninsula does't remove all the orbx components, and it didn't solve this problem (and again not 100% sure this is an Orbx problem, but it seems most likely and with a complete uninstall I can be sure).

Thank you for your help.

Kevin

Never mind, I see there is both a selected fix to the problem, and an uninstall guide in the support forum.  Both processes look like a bit of work so I won't likely get to them before the weekend but the info is there.  Tombo9200o the FAZ about rapid morphing looks like it is describing our problem.

Regards,

Kevin

Submit a pic of your Scenery Library as it may be that some insertion points are not quite correct.

Also check your scenery\world\scenery folder for any references left there to the Iceland and Olympic Peninsular demos. There could well be some ADE...elevation bgls left in there

I have gone through the resolving rapid ground texture morphing steps and it didn't work, so I put up a new topic on this listing more details about my other software and everything I tried to do to fix:

Home > Orbx Support Forums > OrbxDirect and FTX Central 3 Support Forum > Rapid Ground Texture Morphing fix not working

JJacee1 I will give Orbx some time too respond to my last query, then will try to do a complete Orbx uninstall following Orbx faq on how to do that, and then follow your advice about checking the World Scenery folder for remnants of Orbx.  If that uninstall doesn't work I will shot over a pic of my scenery library in case you can see anything wrong with that after I remove Orbx (assuming they don't get back to me with a fix that lets me keep it).

Thanks,

Kevin

Archived