Weird Patchy Scenery with Bushes on Water

JGL90

Hello, I'm noticing some weird graphical anomalies. From a distance, there are occasional patches that show up and they oftentimes include water. If I zoom in, I can see bushes and trees pushing up through the water. Then, as I get closer, these issues mostly resolve themselves. These are my first flights after installing NA SoCal and Palm Springs airport.

The first attached screenshot was taken at 10,000ft, approx. 12nm NW of NV11.

The second attached screenshot was taken at 4,250ft and shows what should be NV11. I do not have any other scenery installed for NV11. 

This is not the only place where this occurs

Thanks in advance for your help.

1880b3ce6aaf4bad94c9b6fd25326fa4[1].png

e937decd0f7641f78db29b5da871b465[1].png

In an attempt to help resolve this issue, I decided to uninstall and reinstall NA Southern California. Unfortunately, now I'm getting errors when attempting the reinstall. 

"An unexpected error occurred. Please send Orbx staff the %LocalAppData%\Orbx\ftxc3.log"

I've attached this log to this post.

ftxc3.log

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to do a system wipe and make the pilgrimage over to FSX SE. So far I've really loved the improvements in stability. And everything is properly installed.

But, I'm still getting errors in the display of my scenery. For example, this is a fresh shot near AZ40.

1cbe25a271234040a3c196e99d6de022.png

Hi Nick,

Thanks for chiming in. I appreciate your wisdom on this. I've completed both the library update and the forced migration. I am still getting scenery errors, like this bush in the middle of a runway at HSZA:

8bb8a7309d314740966b6ea3e7f5a8c2.png

In addition to the odd bushes on runways, I'm seeing this patchy series of what look like access roads or dirt runways that flicker on and off across the continent of Africa.

The only scenery add-ons I have installed are:

SoCal

Palm Springs

8177f3adcdc6458f8d79dd5c0a3d514f.png

Thanks Nick! Things are looking much better after trying this. I'm going to do some more flying over the next few days to see if this has solved everything, but so far so good! Thanks for the fast reply.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm still experiencing the patchy scenery around the borders of Orbx SoCal, with water tiles that appear and magically recess. :(

Here are two photos, taken within a minute of each other, showing how water tiles show up and magically transform (view from 18,000ft near 33AZ).

cdc24b6314c6432dbd5f059186274336.png  

63b6d542ac194974869fecb5e3813a0d.png

Thank you both for all of your help. I decided to pick-up ORBX Global to completely resolve the scenery issues. BTW, on my system, I've actually noticed a performance increase since purchasing ORBX Global - maybe there's something with how the regions interact with default scenery? I'll leave that analysis to more technical minds.

-James 

Archived