NORTHERN CAL SCENERY

creamcot

I have a new PC running Win 10 with very little new stuff on it. I also have P3D V3.4. I have today installed the up to date (as of a few weeks ago anyway) N Calif scenery.. The installer found P3d v3 & all seemed fine until I started the sim & found the default scenery. So I added Orbx manually to the library-4 items but not sure if its in the right order. I put them as the top 4 entries above Bathomagy.. When the sim started at San Francisco the Pacific was mostly devoid of sea and the scenery was moving about. I have net framework 4.6.2 if that is relevant.The PC is a professional job not home made  Is this a problem with P3d v3.4

FTX 3 promted me to amalgamate files-I only have trees so far- which I did but it keeps on asking

Not much progress this end I am afraid! FTX Central 3 is present with just Trees & N calif activated & a migration request which I select ,leaves a dinky message in windows that it has migrated but appears every time I open FTX which I assume is correct. I cannot log in to my account and there is no prompt to recover my password-if I ever had one.

There is no blue notification to update library nor the "install from my manually downloaded zip" option as far as I can see. So I hope you can think of a solution!

Only other strange thing-something similar happened on my old computer which like this had FTX Central running on seperate partitions. In this case the Win 7 partition only has trees on it. I was at this point I got my new computer thinking it could never happen again

Regards

Brian

I notice that my FTX Central log in does not have buttons for password recovery or create account or remember me in either partition This must indicate a failure of something -net connected?

As far as I am aware the only 2 features common to my old (where I seemed to have had a similar problem) and new pc is that although they have seperate partitions they share an internet connection.Presumably FTX Central must be highly secure due to it inking to the scenery outlet. Is this a possible cause

Also if all I need FTX Cental for is to update the library,i know I can download it but surely there must be another way of uploading it

Will now retire to a dark room!

Kind regards

Brian Gordon

Hello Brian,

No one has buttons for password recovery or create account or remember me in either partition.

FTX Central is the tool used to manage the products that you purchased, so of course it must be

linked to Orbx Direct, where the products are sold and all the account details are stored.

If your libraries need to be updated, a message will appear at the lower left hand corner of the FTX Central window.

If it does not, you have no need to update the libraries.

There is an option to download the libraries both here

https://orbxdirect.com/support

and here

Hi Nick

I am sorry about the garbage I sent you. I had it in my head that the library had to be updated so went off at a tangent. The scenery has now as far as I can tell settled down except the runways are not all present in large airports like KSFO-ie there are grass strips instead of tarmac. I have restored default graphics settings to no avail. Unless you know the solution to this please close this with thanks for your time

Kind regards

Brian

I am sure Nick must cringe at the sight of another post from me but these are the hard facts

1 KMRY is burried in massive fortification both before & after KMRY addon

2 The scenery config seems to have no entries for any FTX products

This must be a fault with my PC althogh whatever this is it has only become evident with FTX products.

Where are the FTX scenery files kept-I have Scripts but blank FTX

Regards

Brian

hopefully last post on this subject . In the past I installed ORBX scenery & flew off it immedaiately. Last night KMRY was in a hole but this morning it looks good even without theaddon which I will instal later and leave it to simmer for a while. Thanks to all who have helped.I just was not aware of this proceedure

Regards

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

I have managed to get most of the Orbx sceneries I have working although remain unclear why this seems to have been more of a struggle than when i last installed them 2 years ago. Anyway the point ot this is that I am convinced my libraries have not been updated -I recollect some of the objects which I had are no longer present. There is no blue line on FTX Central that I can see. SO PLEASE IS THERE A WAY I CAN UPDATE THE LIBRARY MANUALLY ie not via Central?

Thanks Nick. I am having with much regret to throw the towel in with Orbx scenery as I cannot (since FTX Central) get it to work properly. I started many years ago with the last DOS version of Microsoft flight simulator and in my opinion Orbx is the best scenery going. This must be a technical problem with my new pc althought I have not so far encountered any problems with a variety of other programs

I you have a technical branch that might enjoy a puzzle then please let me know. Meanwhile thanks for putting up with me. This is so dissapointing

Kind regards

Brian Gordon

Archived