EU GERMANY NORTH won't open (FSX SE - Windows 10)

Hello,

the payware EU GERMANY NORTH doesn't start in FSX SE. The FSX Central FSXSE says "This product is installed and up-to-date!" But it just won't open. Only the sad old original textures are being shown.

The hints in the USER GUIDE I don't understand. The Guide only shows me the fanastic pictures again, that won't start :-(

In the registry path 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\FSX.exe' is written in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Same in HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

Since the PC has got drive C:\ and D:\ there ist a second FSX.exe 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX.exe'.

For support I'd be grateful!

Greetings from EU, Germany North, Berlin

Götz

1. Appendix:

By clicking D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ModuleInstaller.exe  the message appeared:

InstallerError.jpg
By trying again:

installerError2.jpg

Hello Doug,

thanks a lot  for answer and friendly welcome!

I used that tool already before I posted my question. The mentioned paths were written with it. These are the the paths for the FSX.exe.

I thought, that this means "the FSX installation I want to use". Is that wrong? When I change the path to pointing it to the ORBX-folder an warning accures: FSXRegUtilGetPathError.jpg

So I thought, it must point to the path of the folder that includes the FSX.exe.

Greetings

Götz

57 minutes ago, Götz Florian Bosselmann said:

So I thought, it must point to the path of the folder that includes the FSX.exe.

This is correct. but even though it already shows the paths, still use the "Set Path" and point it to the FSX.exe.

Doug

For some mysterious reason the orbx germany north is found. Next problems:

1. No POIs are shown (Berlin). I'm using FSX SE so the checkbox for POIs doesn't have to be checked. Anyway, the changes will not be saved when you close the window.

2. Same with VFR Landmarks: No. 2, 9 and 10 is checked, all others will not be saved.

(3.And the performance is substandard:

screenshotORBX.jpg

You better look for another runway...)

What to do now? Are these new problems?

Götz

Hello  Götz ,

The failure of a control panel to save settings is often caused by

there being both versions of the .bgl files present at the same time.

You may have found Germany North but both the broken control panel and the 

screen shot would appear to suggest that all is not well with your Germany North

file structure.

Probably the best thing to do would be to uninstall the whole product in FTX Central, 

visit the ORBX\FTX_EU folder, delete the four FTX_EU_GEN folders and start again.

Hello Nick,

thanks for your answer!

However, things are getting worse. FTX Central can't find the AddOn EU Germany North. No way to uninstall it in FTX Central. Sometimes - not every time - it shows an errror message with the hint ftxc3.log should be send to ORBX staff. Are you staff?

I think it would not be a good idea to delete ORBX folders instead uninstall it.

Regards, Götz

ftxc3.log

Spoiler

Solution 1: " If you have FSX Steam Edition installed and you have no trace of FSX disk edition on your PC, if you choose the FSX Steam Edition from the opening menu... "

What opening menu? FTX Central doesn't show me such a menu.

Solution 2:: "Download the FSX Registry Utility and use it to set the registry for your FSX Steam Edition."

I used that tool already before I posted my question. The mentioned paths were written with it:

In the registry path 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\FSX.exe' is written in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Same in HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

1 hour ago, Götz Florian Bosselmann said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Solution 1: " If you have FSX Steam Edition installed and you have no trace of FSX disk edition on your PC, if you choose the FSX Steam Edition from the opening menu... "

What opening menu? FTX Central doesn't show me such a menu.

Solution 2:: "Download the FSX Registry Utility and use it to set the registry for your FSX Steam Edition."

I used that tool already before I posted my question. The mentioned paths were written with it:

So I moved the scenery.cfg to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\

There is no errorwarning since that.

FTX Central says product is not installed.

How can I uninstall the product?

Regards, Götz

There is no stupidity here, it looks as if FTX Central is trying to write to the FSX-SE folder which is not there.

This may be because the way it is set up now has the scenery.cfg file in an FSX folder.

If the registry entries are in the same place as the FSX disc edition registry entries, FTX Central should recognise

FSX-SE as FSX and write to the FSX\scenery.cfg file.

Archived