Unwanted Static Aircraft

ianroussel

If you look in the main ORBX folder, then in FTX_EU, you'll find sub-folders for England, Wales and Scotland ending with _05_SCENERY. The 'objects' files relating to their individual airfields reside in there. They 'might' contain placements for more than the static aircraft, but as I tend to only fly from (and to) payware airfields I always remove them as a matter of course.

I've tried that, however most of the buildings disappear. There isn't a pay scenery anymore for Guernsey, and the free sceneries cause problems as with the UK2000 jersey scenery. I'm not too sure why as the rest of England, Wales and Scotland are ok with 3rd party sceneries? 

I just don't know why Orbx haven't put static aircraft in a separate bgl the same as everyone else?

Understood. As I don't actually use the FTX Region default airfields, I can appreciate my situation differs from yours. I remove the object Bgl's associated with those airfields only to conserve memory (and possibly reduce stutters) as I'll never see those objects anyway, and I wasn't aware that some buildings will have disappeared along with the static aircraft (although I'm not that surprised). If you DO use those airfields and only want rid of the static aircraft then clearly that'll be a problem (for you), which might then only be addressed by making 'excludes' with something like Instant Scenery.

The UK2000 Jersey works fine within FTX EU England. I'm not at my flightsim PC right now, but I think there is a compatibility option in the FTX Control panel. For Guernsey, I use the Earth Sims Photo Scenery, which also includes a Guernsey airport. However, I believe Gary Summons (UK2000) is developing a Guernsey Xtreme sometime this year.

Ah, that's what you might call, "a bugger"!  I got Alderney for a £1:00, and Guernsey for £5:00  a couple of years or so ago, just before the company folded. I didn't (at that time) realise that ES were on the brink of collapse or I would have quickly purchased the other two sceneries as well. The quality of the photoreal is outstanding, so I can appreciate why you miss it!

Hi,
The ability to have one file controlling all static aircrafts is only aavailable for one airport. The reason is if it did for all airports of a region, you might get awful performance. Therefore, this option into a control panel is moslty provided by FTX airport addons.
To exclude static aircrafts from a FTX region airport anyway, you can use indeed Instant Scenery or Airport Design Editor (ADE) by editing files beginning by FTX_ADE_XXXX.bgl (XXXX is the ICAO code).

• 1 month later...

Archived