PNW KSEA

Herbie

Like I said to Nick, New Install of ORBX Pacific North-West from my April 2012 folders KSEA was fine, after the 2nd update, commanded by FTX Central 3 this happen again. All 3 runways disappear on final approach.  Hello Matthew! I need help badly from Developers. Pushing me around won't help. Except Nick nobody else had a advice. Herb

On 3/16/2017 at 7:06 PM, Herbie said:

Yes Nick, I checked FSX scenery for KSEA, there is only one bgl. I did checked My Traffic scenery and found a KSEA entry. I did renamed it and test flight again. No change, I looked for Migration files, there was only one. I deleted the file and did a new migration with Central 3 and test flight. My KHQM airport look now better, but KSEA same problem. The problem is the v1.8 update which was for Orbx PNW v5 to fix 3Dv2  scenery...PNW Service Pack 8 Feb.2014. There is a PDF file. From day one on I'm asking for help, it is only Nick helping me. I'm working every day from afternoon till  midnight to solve the problem. But I'm Not a programmer. attach my Scenery Library. I may have to uninstall PNW again and just Install .v5. Ignore any update from Orbx Central 3. Herb

scenery library.jpg

Hello Herbie,

I know it can be difficult getting to the heart of your issue if you are not familiar with the file structure or the questions you may be asked along the way to rectifying your problem. Be patient and if you are not completely certain what you are being asked to find or confirm then just ask.

If Nick has spotted your topic and is the one providing assistance on your issue, then you are genuinely in the very best of hands, there is often no need for any other staff to become involved in these complex yet simple issues. 

From what I can see so far, your setup is fairly simple FSX:SE installation,  with only one Orbx Region (PNW) & a freeware Airport scenery (KHQM), and appears to be in the correct order including your OrbxLibrary (I hope it is the current version and that you have confirmed the recent ObjectFlow.dll update for installation). 

Both the PNW.005 & PNW.008 Service Packs are necessary and should be installed when instructed by FTXCentralv3 (but I doubt they would be causing your issue), it would be advised to check with Nick regarding these Service Packs, Nick might even ask you to check that your Migration has been successful using the "Migration troubleshooter" to check your Orbx Products have transferred effectively (red labels are bad signifying problems missing files, green labels are good, purple means not currently installed). You would also need to confirm the 4 KSEA .bgl's listed in Nicks post above.

Please confirm that you have found the files that Nick has posted above.

as you will see the 4 files are located in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery

Please also confirm the name, or what you renamed the (1) KSEA My Traffic X file you found in your recent search.

It is not enough to just change the filename to something else, it may remain active under the NEW name.

If you wish to disable any conflicting  .bgl  when highlighted or renaming a file you must place your cursor after the .bgl  to change the file extension,  

example;  Filename.bgl|  then type .OFF the file would look like this, exampleFilename.bgl.OFF this way the file becomes inactive and is reflected as such in an FSX database rebuild.

I will butt out now and let Nick proceed with your support, FSX Steam is not my forte, where Nick has more knowledge of FSX:SE  Folder/File structure.

Hello Nick!

I found those 4 files KSEA tacoma got 77KB the second 6 KB The 2 Object KSEA files 1 KB each. I did run the Migration Tool, PNW migrated correctly. To Jeff: I do mark .bgl.Backup to make it in active, I also get a warning from windows. Herb 

Clipboard03.jpg

Hello Nick! Yes I will do. I moved the My traffic to number 1 position above Library. Scenery is at 5m and Complexity is very dense. The outcome is: Home airport KHQM sag in ground. At KSEA, runway 24L disappear much sooner. I stopped FSX in the air and moved My Traffics down to where is was Position 14. The runway showed up, but it did not last very long. Disappear at final, I would like that you were able to connect to my computer, I have Skype for communication. By for now. Herb  

Hello Nick!

jjaycee1, you are right, but with all those trouble, you have to tryout anythings. Nick, I locked around at all backups folder and found a newer .v1.8 Wrapper from October 2015. ( as I wrote before, my installer was from 04-2012 .v1.5 and then update to .v1.8 ) This is the trouble!!! The newer wrapper is one shot install. Have PNW in FTX Central 3 without any red stripe at the top of the picture calling for update. My Home airport is clean, made a test flight to KSEA and the 3 runways did Not disappear. It looks now, that a installer could be a lot of problem, if it is outdated like mine was. Thank's a lot for your help. Have a nice weekend. Sorry to hear the Trouble in London you have. Greetings from City of Kitchener Ontario Canada. I came here from Berlin Germany in 1956 by Ship :) Herb

Archived