Hapydays

Hapydays

RV-4 engine won't start. The maintenance shows everything is OK. In FSX under Failures/Engine it shows total engine failure.  If reset this to 0 and go back to the RV4 and then go back to the engine Failure/ engine menu it will once again say " Total engine failure". I did not touch or do anything while I was back in the RV4 other than go back to the Failures menu. Of the multitude of aircraft I have installed in my sim. this is the only plane that does this. I tried doing an uninstall and reinstalling from the original download. I ran a new download and installed from this. Same problem. To add to this I have gone to the RV4 from a plane I had left running and the RV4 was running and flew fine. Once I shut it down I was back to square one. 99% of the times I tried this the engine would be running but would shut down. I have no idea as to what is going on. Any ideas?

Herb ( Hapydays)

Hapydays@ptd.net

In response to your enquiry, I personally have no experience with this aircraft model.

I have just installed it to check that to a novice user there are no inbuilt faults.

With no prior knowledge at all, it does not behave for me in the way you say it does for you.

I am able to reset all the maintenance options and fly the aircraft away.

I do find that if I start the engine without first following the advice that Doug gave you, it

quickly stops with complete failure, as any engine would with no oil in it.

I find also that if I cancel the error in the FSX failures page, return to the aircraft and then

to the failures page, the engine failure is still logged there.

All exactly as you report.

This little investigation is suggesting to me that you have not yet found the engine page in

the maintenance window where you can first fill the engine with oil before you start it and 

cancel a complete engine failure.

As Doug has already told you.

I do think that if the aircraft behaved for everyone in the way that makes it

impossible for you to fly it, it would have never made it past beta testing.

As I advise in the topic that Doug linked you to, there is no longer a developer accessible to us

to ask the questions of but there are over 250 support posts to browse.

Archived