Problem adjusting lights

When I try to adjust my lighting in prepar3d v3.4 I get a unhandled exception message "could not find a part of the path C\users\Terry\desktop\data\models"

Is there a fix for this please. Teecee.

Sorry Terry,

I have no idea, as I have no P3D.

I have moved the topic to the support bit and adding this post should put it at the top.

Hopefully someone will recognise the message and be able to help.

It does still seem an odd location for anything to do with a flight simulator. 

Hi Terry,

I also am not running P3D, but the path to the \Models folder should be the same as for FSX 
The message you seem to be getting, suggests that either the Global Lights Configurator icon on your desktop is looking for the FTX Global Lights "\Models" folder on your desktop, or that it could not find the path to the actual location of the Global Lights "\Models" folder and contents. 

Normally located in \FSX\ORBX\Scripts\data\Models  \Big  \ Normal  \Small  \VerySmall  Check that you have these folders and the files within.

I would check also that the configurator is pointing to your \FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTX GLOBAL Lights Configurator.exe  and that the executable is present.

Secondly: Since it had been working previously - Have you checked your Antivirus program's quarantine area it may have falsely identified part of FTX Global Lights Configurator, hence the unfound path to the \Models folder, if you find anything in quarantine relating to Global lights or the Configurator choose restore and mark not to scan this program in future.

If not,  reinstall "FTX Global Lights Configurator" 

Sorry I won't be able to respond for a few days (going to the big smoke) but I do hope this gets your lights switched back on, or at least triggers something else you can check.

Archived