Problem to ENDI with FTX Norway

Handie

In addition to ENDI, I have also seen the same problems in other airports of Norway.
In my Scenery \ World \ Scenery folder, I noticed that there were a number of "ALT" files regarding those same airports where I had concerns.
By disabling these files, everything become normal again.

So, why are there those "ALT" files in this Scenery \ World \ Scenery folder?
Why do I have to disable them?

Thank you.

Capture.JPG

Hi Nadine,

for any airport to display correctly two components have to match: (1) the airport reference altitude (in the main airport bgl file) that sets the elevation of taxiways, aprons, and runways, and (2) the overall airport flatten (in the _CVX.bgl file) that sets the elevation of the airports grass areas. If there's a mismatch either the developer made a mistake -- in which case the error would be the same for every user -- or a third-party add-on with different altitude settings is active.

The unfortunate complication is that FSX and P3D don't allow to overwrite airport elevation data via display priority, as with other components; instead, the first reference altitude found by the sim for a given airport will be retained. That's why changing an airport's altitude requires the resulting .bgl files to be placed into a folder that is read by the sim before the default (= numbered) scenery folders, and the standard location for that is \Scenery\World\scenery. The Orbx versions of those files all either start with "ADE_FTX_" or contain "ORBX" as part of their names.

In your case those _ALT.bgl files are elevation adjustment files from a third-party add-on that clash with our airport altitude. I don't know where they are coming from but you're correct in having to disable them. Either that, or you'd have to deactivate the corresponding EU NOR airport files but then you'd need to individually check whether the third-party airport files fit with the EU NOR components (terrain mesh, roads, waterbodies, etc.).

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

Thanks a lot for all these informations.
After that, I saw that all these files had been installed the same day, the 27/08/2015.
As I note all that I do, I found that on that day I had installed freeware airports for Norway, which I had uninstalled immediately but without seeing that they had installed these files in Scenery \ World \ Scenery ...
I have just removed all of them.

Thanks again,

Nadine

Archived