Upside down v, what is it in settings?

Jack Sawyer

Does anyone know what the upside down v is in P3D's settings.  For example, I'm trying to figure out what upside down v W means in relation to an Avatar function.

I tried the ALT, CTRL, and Shift but they all come up as named.  So how do I invoke the command?

This ^ I can do it with Font Book on my Mac but have no idea what key it is on a PC.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks fellas.

Upside down v on my key board is 'shift 6'.   ^ is a 'caret', correct ?

From Dictionary.com.

noun
a mark (‸) made in written or printed matter to show the place where something is to be inserted.

12 minutes ago, jmbiii said:

Upside down v on my key board is 'shift 6'.   ^ is a 'caret', correct ?

From Dictionary.com.

noun
a mark (‸) made in written or printed matter to show the place where something is to be inserted.

Thanks jm, but how do I invoke it in P3D or FSX as I believe it would be the same.

Say in Settings/Keyboard it says ^ W to move the Civilian guy a certain way.  What key commands would I press to get it?

Surly not Shift + 6 + W?

Well, that didn't work.

What I need to know is when I'm in settings, and I can assign a key or key combination, what key do I press to get ^?  Because if I press Shift ^ I get Shift 6.

It's in a lot of commands, it's just I have no idea what particular key causes it.  I know it's not the carat, it's something else.

Just now, CBPilot said:

I don't use P3D but in FSXSE it means that the command will be invoked when you release the key. Any help?

Rupert

Ahhhhh! Thanks Rupert!  Ok, that makes sense.

But, if I wanted to create the same command what key causes it?  Not ^ because that gives me Shift 6.

It's not a key but a check box in the key assignments settings box. When checked the carat appears beside the key in the assignment lists. I don't understand it to be an indication of two keystrokes but rather that the command invokes when the key is released rather than the default of when the keystroke is pressed. Hope that makes sense? Btw the checkbox is available when you're assigning the keystroke to your command: you don't see it as a checkbox in the commands listing table. 

Just now, CBPilot said:

It's not a key but a check box in the key assignments settings box. When checked the carat appears beside the key in the assignment lists. I don't understand it to be an indication of two keystrokes but rather that the command invokes when the key is released rather than the default of when the keystroke is pressed. Hope that makes sense? Btw the checkbox is available when you're assigning the keystroke to your command: you don't see it as a checkbox in the commands listing table. 

I don't understand, I'm gonna print this out and fool with it.  I'm having the most extreme difficult time getting that darned Civilian dude to work.

Harder to write than to do!!! Go to your settings and attempt to change/confirm a key assignment for e.g. nil throttle (F1 on my setup). When you change the assignment by pressing F1 it appears in the main box but there's a small check box below which offers "when key is released". Of course, P3D might be different and I've wasted your time. Good luck. 

1 minute ago, CBPilot said:

Harder to write than to do!!! Go to your settings and attempt to change/confirm a key assignment for e.g. nil throttle (F1 on my setup). When you change the assignment by pressing F1 it appears in the main box but there's a small check box below which offers "when key is released". Of course, P3D might be different and I've wasted your time. Good luck. 

Yes, there is!  I remember seeing that.  Now it all comes together!  Thanks so much Rupert!  You have been a great help to me and I very much appreciate it.  Thank you!

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Rupert,

You win today's prize for remembering trivia.:)

I knew I knew but of course I couldn't remember.

So after all, I didn't know.

Thank you.

Jack, It's not even new.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks for that Nick!  You guys are great!

Archived