Hi again, just thought this may help anyone that is trying to help me solve my problem.

The load point is always the same  when it stops (11.63 downloaded if this helps)

All the best

Keith

Orbx Vector problem Capture.PNG

Sorry I can't help you with this one, but may I suggest you:

- add your order number, as required for support (there is a field in your profile)

- choose a better topic title - your name doesn't attract anyone to the topic.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Sheldo,

Try this please.  Also make sure you have at least 20gb free hard drive space.

Unselect the multi thread download option in FTXC3 settngs.

Click on the blue Vector uninstall button.  

Click on the "Clear Temp" button under the FTXC3 settings, then go to your FSX\ORBX\ folder and delete the entire FTX_VECTOR folder, then go to the FSX\ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the FTX_GLOBAL_VECTOR_PACK.txt file.

Now to reinstall, sign in to your Orbx Direct account on the web page, and click on the account button top of page, then find and click on the Vector product info, and in the bottom line small print there is a manual download option, down load it and save it in a named folder, then open FTXC3 and select Vector, and click on the orange "installation options" and select "Install from my manually downloaded .zip".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Doug,

Thank you so much for your help here, all now working courtesy of your concise instructions.

Albeit that Vector now above Lib at the top of my scenery library in P3D v3 (is this a new move ?)

Very best regards

Keith

PS how do I satisfy PMB's comments please ?

IE order numbers and system specs like you have done (is it just added into my profile ?)

Sorry if I'm being dense here !!

Hi Keith

You are very welcome, and no, Vector should not be above the Libs, sounds like you need to set your Insertion points in FTXC3, so move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

To add your product order#/Transaction ID, click on your profile icon in the top right corner and select edit profile and there should be a profile information field where you can add it. Only one is required. You can also click on the little down arrow beside your forum name in the top right corner and select account settings and you will see a provision to create a signature. You can also then Click on your name at top right of screen, then Account Settings, then Signature, then look for an eye symbol towards the right of the symbol bar and click it.

This will bring up a box where you will type the text you want to place in the spoiler.

Cheers

Doug

Hi again Doug,

I'm having a problem after doing what we have said that the FTX Central v3 shows that there is an update available in a red banner (despite the fact  that it is showing FTX Vector v1.45 is installed)

Any ideas please sorry to be a pain

Best regards

Keith

PS This applies to P3D v2 & 3

Hi Keith 

Unfortunately that is a false notification, to fix it do the below procedure.

Go to ORBX\User documents\Versions and open FTX_GLOBAL_VECTOR_PACK.txt

with Notepad.

Copy and paste the below text over what is there.

FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.45 August 2016

Save the file and restart FTX Central.

The update message should be gone.

Doug,

You are a star.

I have spent the last 3 days trying to get that sorted,never knowing it was that simple mate :rolleyes:

Thanks a Million,the beers are on me if you are in the UK !!

All the best

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again Doug,

I've now downloaded the new updated Vector and its now sitting above all items in the scenery directory,is this correct now  ??

Also I've downloaded the new library file ver 170401 ,but I cant get the uninstall to light up to uninstall previous version ?

Am I being dense here  ?

Sorry to bother you again so soon

Best regards

Keith

Hi Keith 

The Vector entries should be placed as in the below link and not at the top of your scenery library.

There is no need to manually download and install the Orbx libs, or also no need to uninstall them for an update, just open FTXC3 and find them under the Global range of products and click on them and click on install.

Cheers

Doug

Archived