Strange white line

Gollum

Hi  I am flying from Darrington to Concrete . and I have a continues white line that I cannot explain ? its not a road (See pictures) .  Could anybody explain what it is please ? .  I am using FSX SE  REX textures with soft clouds and ASN 2016

1s2 to 3w5 1.JPG

1s2 to 3w5.JPG

Hi there,

those are powerline corridors cut through the forest, you should be able to see the towers from further down. Open areas such as these retain snow longer than tree canopies, as can be seen on this Google Earth satellite image taken near Whistler.

Cheers, Holger

PNW powerline corridors near Whistler in April 2009.jpg

That would be the cleared powerline rigth of way.  They are all over FSX with FTX scenery.  Fly lower and you should see the transmission towers as well.  Look at the VECTOR control panel under the 'Various Features' tab to turn on the towers.

Holger beat me to it!! :wacko:

Hi Spud,

Look at the VECTOR control panel under the 'Various Features' tab to turn on the towers.

Just a reminder that, inside of the FTX Region's coverage area, everything you see on the ground is placed by the Region's files. Vector's features don't come into play, regardless of its control panel settings.

Cheers, Holger 

12 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Spud,

Just a reminder that, inside of the FTX Region's coverage area, everything you see on the ground is placed by the Region's files. Vector's features don't come into play, regardless of its control panel settings.

Cheers, Holger 

Thanks for the reminder Holger.  Question does the feature apply outside of regions, or is it redundent?

Archived