Hi & low G testing

Jack Sawyer

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Amazing sequence of caps Jack.

I have never seen the 744's wingtips touch before, great flying.

I have, when I was in school we saw a Boeing test video where they almost touched before violently exploding.  It was done in a giant building with bullet proof glass.  They tied the 747 down and used cranes to lift the wings till they broke.  What an explosion, no fire or anything but when they snapped it was amazing.  I didn't know they were designed to flex that much!  I wonder if it's on YT somewhere?

17 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I have, when I was in school we saw a Boeing test video where they almost touched before violently exploding.  It was done in a giant building with bullet proof glass.  They tied the 747 down and used cranes to lift the wings till they broke.  What an explosion, no fire or anything but when they snapped it was amazing.  I didn't know they were designed to flex that much!  I wonder if it's on YT somewhere?

The missus hates flying and is terrified with the wing flex on the 777s we usually fly on. I showed her the same sort of video on YouTube, it is incredible just how far they will bend.

The only thing I am apprehensive about these days is the excuse for food.:ph34r:

She still hates flying!

4 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

The missus hates flying and is terrified with the wing flex on the 777s we usually fly on. I showed her the same sort of video on YouTube, it is incredible just how far they will bend.

The only thing I am apprehensive about these days is the excuse for food.:ph34r:

She still hates flying!

I love flying.  I'l fly in anything.  After working them all my life I know how safe and redundant they are.  Most people have no idea how safe they are.  

And yeah, I agree with you on the food.  It used to be good back in the day, silverware, china plates, steak and lobster, now a stale bag of peanuts if you're lucky.

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I love flying.  I'l fly in anything.  After working them all my life I know how safe and redundant they are.  Most people have no idea how safe they are.  

And yeah, I agree with you on the food.  It used to be good back in the day, silverware, china plates, steak and lobster, now a stale bag of peanuts if you're lucky.

Yeah the good old days, when at the right time of day you would get a delicious, proper meal between Sydney and Melbourne.

The food on our return flight to Bangkok last year was atrocious. I have seen more appetising things on the foot path outside the dog pound.:o:lol:

4 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Yeah the good old days, when at the right time of day you would get a delicious, proper meal between Sydney and Melbourne.

The food on our return flight to Bangkok last year was atrocious. I have seen more appetising things on the foot path outside the dog pound.:o:lol:

Yuk!  Outside the dog pound?  I hope it was doggy biscuits!

Well, I think Singapore airlines has some nice service at least what I can see online.  I never had the pleasure of flying on them, but the food and interiors are amazing.  They put a lot of money into those beautiful interiors.

Archived