Global Base... texture missing/anomaly

Mark Abdey

Hi Mark,

can't confirm this on my PC. Below screenshots showing Global Base with (= narrower roads) or without Global Vector.

Note that the landclass types are slightly different in your screenshot, which indicates that you may be using a third-party add-on for Japan. Moreover, the sharp boundary of that area (with the regular "nodes") and the way it cuts across both water and land means it's not a landclass area but rather a modeled object or platform.

Cheers, Holger

Japan Ama Island with Global Base and mesh.jpg

Japan Ama Island with Global Base and mesh plus Vector.jpg

Thank you very much for the reply Holger... I have been trying some landclass for this region, but I get this regardless of whether its active or not, and have now removed it (the landclass) altogether, so I will have to look further to try and find why I have this... I do not have anything else active for this region as far as I'm aware, so am stumped as to what the object could be.

Hi Holger... I thought I would show an image from close to ground level to further highlight this problem I have in the hope it may give clues as to what has gone wrong in this location... This is with the 3rd party LC removed, and with no scenery products other than FTX installed. I've played with settings and the library to no avail... 

Its only a small area and I've not seen this anywhere else, so it's only a minor annoyance, but if anything comes to mind please let me know... Thank you.

de2b61a57793f85f4c2a6f8cb395a340.jpg

7 hours ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

I'm not seeing this anomaly either.

What mesh product are you using, PilotsFSGlobal2010, PilotsFSGlobalUltimate, PilotsFSGlobalUltimateNG, or FreeMeshX, FSGenesis. I see a rather large transparent mound (Hill) in your last screenshot.

Hi Jeff, and thanks for checking... No mesh other than default. The structure is there, with agn but the base texture is missing. I assume its a corruption of the data on my PC alone which only a future re-install will fix.

Archived