KTEX Telluride Scenery Problem

Trailboss

I've been simming for years but this is my first posting with ORBX, I hope this is in the right location.  I recently downloaded and installed KTEX and KSEZ.  I also updated existing ORBX files and added FTX Vector.  As usual the ORBX scenery detail is stunning, but I noticed a problem at KTEX.  There are hangers on the west side of the tarmac that are Quonset type buildings, metal main buildings with what appears to be either aluminum or fabric structures inside of two Quonsets (they are gray compared to weathered corrugated metal). The structure to the left of a caravan trailer on jacks and a fuel truck has another fuel truck half inside the gray structure and half outside.  In the building to the right of the Quonset (facing west) a pickup with a snowplow mounted is protruding from the building wall, approximately 1/3 of the vehicle showing.  Further to the right and still facing west there is a GA single engine aircraft half out of the wall of the building.  I would gladly provide screenshots to show these items but when I went to the forum article about using third party repositories for photo attachments a message says I am not permitted to view the page even though I am logged in.  Please advise if there is something I should have done during installation or other setting I need to change to resolve what appears to be a conflict with FX generic scenery.  Thank you.

Trailboss 

23 hours ago, Trailboss said:

I've been simming for years but this is my first posting with ORBX, I hope this is in the right location.  I recently downloaded and installed KTEX and KSEZ.  I also updated existing ORBX files and added FTX Vector.  As usual the ORBX scenery detail is stunning, but I noticed a problem at KTEX.  There are hangers on the west side of the tarmac that are Quonset type buildings, metal main buildings with what appears to be either aluminum or fabric structures inside of two Quonsets (they are gray compared to weathered corrugated metal). The structure to the left of a caravan trailer on jacks and a fuel truck has another fuel truck half inside the gray structure and half outside.  In the building to the right of the Quonset (facing west) a pickup with a snowplow mounted is protruding from the building wall, approximately 1/3 of the vehicle showing.  Further to the right and still facing west there is a GA single engine aircraft half out of the wall of the building.  I would gladly provide screenshots to show these items but when I went to the forum article about using third party repositories for photo attachments a message says I am not permitted to view the page even though I am logged in.  Please advise if there is something I should have done during installation or other setting I need to change to resolve what appears to be a conflict with FX generic scenery.  Thank you.

Trailboss 

It seems like there's lots of morphing. The only way is not use orbx products until they fix them with patches. I've spent over $250.00 on orbx products which I can't use. Vector, North America, global and trees.

Hello Doug,

Sorry, I knew I was supposed to include my transaction ID but I forgot:  5838877949d

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:54 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Jim

Do you have any other KTEX 3rd party addons?

Confirm Orbx Libs are up to date?

Are your Open LC entries below your FTX block of entries?

Is your mesh resolution set at 5m?

And screenshots would still be very helpful. :)

Doug,

No, no third party addons for that area other than generic FSX scenery.

I'll check LC entries, not sure of they are below FTX entries, but I believe so since I just added KTE and KSEZ in the last 4 weeks, my latest scenery addons.

I don't know about mesh resolution, I will check for 5m tomorrow.

Thanks to your posting I went to imgur.com, set up an account, but then every time I tried to log into my new account to download my screenshots a message said my password was wrong.  I then clicked 'forgotten password' to try to change the password but never received their return email.  That's my problem, not yours, but I'll keep trying to sort that out.

Hello Doug,

Sorry, I knew I was supposed to include my transaction ID but I forgot:  5838877949d

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:54 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Jim

Do you have any other KTEX 3rd party addons?

Confirm Orbx Libs are up to date?

Are your Open LC entries below your FTX block of entries?

Is your mesh resolution set at 5m?

And screenshots would still be very helpful. :)

Doug,

No, no third party addons for that area other than generic FSX scenery.

I'll check LC entries, not sure of they are below FTX entries, but I believe so since I just added KTE and KSEZ in the last 4 weeks, my latest scenery addons.

I don't know about mesh resolution, I will check for 5m tomorrow.

Thanks to your posting I went to imgur.com, set up an account, but then every time I tried to log into my new account to download my screenshots a message said my password was wrong.  I then clicked 'forgotten password' to try to change the password but never received their return email.  That's my problem, not yours, but I'll keep trying to sort that out.

Doug,

I finally got my stuff together with imgur and here are the screenshot links:

BvOg1Ox.jpg

MogFG8o.jpg

150JeGA.jpg

D9xSWJY.jpg

DFu5jmT.jpg

evumAPc.jpg

kP8D7pj.jpg

I confirm my ORBX Libs are up to date.

My Open LC entries were above the FTX block of entries, so I moved them below the FTX entries

My mesh setting was above 5M so I changed it to 5m

Unfortunately these changes made no difference.  I had also believed that the Quonset hut hangers were intentionally showing newer gray structures inside the weathered metal ones, but studying them closer I see that there are two different sceneries superimposed. Also, the airport beacon is displaced from its tower, and a view toward the runway shows 3 floating objects, maybe runway lights.

Jim

It does look like there is indeed another airport scenery interfering.

So please do a search in your FSX\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPRTS\Scenery folder for KTEX and rename any of the .bgl files to a .off,  this is what FreeBird was referring to in his #6 post. 

Thanks, Doug,

There were 2 .bgl files for KTEX in that scenery folder and I renamed them.  That removed the displaced airport beacon between the 2 Quonset hut hangers and the 3 floating items north of the runway , but the overlapping Quonsets, fuel truck half in, half out, protruding pickup truck, and aircraft protruding through hanger walls are still there.  Are there other folders I should check?

Jim

Archived