ESSA winter textures

borisvp

Hi,

ESSA looks odd currently - please have a look and tell me if this is meant like this or something is wrong.

essaybk7l.jpg

I can understand that during hard winter there is snow on the runway and the taxiways. But why is there no snow on the aprons and the ends of runway 01L/19R? And the sharp edges between snow and no snow and the jagged patches at the runway turnoffs definitely look odd.

The sim is P3D v3.4.18.19475 with Global and FTX Norway (if that matters, as ESSA is in Sweden), and I have already done a reinstall of ESSA,

Boris

Hi Marcus, thanks for responding.

I now have ESSA clear of snow. But maybe not as intended. FTXC has an option "FTX EU Norway P3D 3.4.9 and higher", which I had ticked, as my P3D is 3.4.18. Now I have ticked the option "FTX EU Norway", and the snow is gone. 

I seem to have the latest version of ESSA, but where can I this?

Boris

Hey again! Sorry it's a misspelling, it is suppose to be 3.4.1 or higher so you should have that one selected, try reselecting that option. If you do that and load your sim at today's date and take a screenshot , I can see if there is snow missing. It should be snow but way less then you had previously. What you saw before is the underlaying photoscenery which is very bright and bleached to give the landscape a bit more of a winter feeling. They are among the best in the world to get rid of snow from the runways & tarmac at arlanda. ;) during the snow chaos in Europe a few years ago Heathrow and other major airports that couldn't handle the snow flew in people from arlanda to teach them and help out. At least from what I've heard. Good story none the less ;)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Hey,

The second picture looks correct in the amount of snow.

Please select the correct option for p3d 3.4.9 and Norway again, even if doesn't look correct in the sim at the moment. 

Make sure the simulator is not running.

Then go to:

P3D/ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_AA_ESSA/Scenery

Check if there is a file called:

Orbx_ESSA_PLC_GP_P3D_NOR_Objectflow.OFF

If yes, change OFF to XML

See if that solves the issue,

If the file is already named .xml and it still doesnt look correct, let me know.

Cheers,

Marcus

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2017 at 7:43 PM, antrillion said:

I also have the same problem with the snow when I select the "FTX EU Norway P3D 3.4.9 and newer" option. If instead I select "FTX Global P3D 3.4.9 and newer" things look normal, just like the pictures above.  And yes, I have FTX EU Norway installed.

Thanks for the reports everyone :)

I'm trying to track down why this happens.

I have found what seems to be the issue. Quite surprised I didn't notice this error earlier.

We will include the fix in the upcoming patch.

If you want to have it right away, please select "P3D v.3.4.9 Norway" in the config tool for ESSA in FTX Central and download & unzip the attached file and put & replace the existing file in P3D/ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_AA_ESSA/Scenery

Orbx_ESSA_PLC_GP_P3D_NOR_Objectflow.rar

Also, please confirm that this solves the issue so I know it was the issue you were having :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived