Land where water should be.

Grahamallene

Hi,
I seem to be getting a load of problems installing EU England. Firstly getting water where land should be (Sorted that now) now am getting land where water should be!
The water between South England and the Isle of Wight is good in FSX, but with Orbx installed the water has gone in favour of Land. I haven't had time to try other areas of UK coast lines yet!
Could anyone shed any light on this (in English please, not computer language, I am a beginner!).
Thanks, Greg.

39 minutes ago, Capt Greg said:

D:/Datadrive1/program files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Ok, this is what is causing you the problems, FSX needs to be installed in a separate new folder called FSX outside of the "Program Files (x86)" location, preferably on a separate drive. Do you have more than one HD installed? I am also wondering why it is D:\Datadrive1? Normally the "Program Files (x86) is on C:\ drive.

I have an HP PC that has a C:/ drive as normal which is basically a drive to hold the windows 10 operating system. It also has a D:/ called datadrive1, (so is D:/Datadrive1). That is where FSX lives. (D:/Datadrive1/program files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X).

When I installed FSX it wanted to install to C:/ but I had to change the C:/ for D:/ (hope this makes sense!)

I think it is not right to have to uninstall FSX and its updates etc, etc, etc just to be able to run ORBX when everything in FSX works perfectly where it is!

I look forward to your comments please Doug.

(Thanks for trying to help).

Hello,

The actual path will be D:\ program files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X  and

there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Doug is right in as much as it is an unnecessarily complicated location but it will have no effect on the way

that FSX runs.

Can you go to C:\Programdata\Microsoft\FSX and attach the scenery.cfg file that you will find there to your next

post please?

You may need to enable "Show hidden files, folders and drives" to see the Programdata folder in Windows File

Explorer.

Hello,

There is nothing wrong with your scenery.cfg file.

For future reference, when installing FSX, first create a folder with a name of your choice

on the drive of your choice. D:\FSX for example.

Then, when you run the installer, choose the custom option and you can direct it to place

all the files into your previously created D:\FSX.

You might try the new Force Migration button in FTX Central\Settings.

If that doesn't improve things, try this topic.

Archived